Problems After Update

Having some issues with some things after the update, all the photos with borders around them seem to be out of place and that goes for all other zenfolio sites run by fellow friends. All my blog text has reduced in size as well to a very small font size.

Agree that you need to carry out these things but I have to say my site looks awful now and I've done nothing to warrant this!

Not sure but if it doesn't get fixed I'll be going elsewhere....

Comments

• vitasvitas Posts: 1,355Member, Administrator
    Can you please send the link to the page with misplaced borders to support so we can investigate and resolve it as soon as possible? Thank you so much and sorry for the inconvenience.
  • Thank you, not sure what the link is but if you go to www.barrymatlock.zenfolio.com and access blog you should see it? Also I cannot edit 90% of the site features i.e blog, about, etc.. Cheers.
  • SkidsSkids Posts: 133Member
    There seems to be a few teething problems at the moment. I just tried some of the new layouts and then suddenly it is either slowing to a halt or not changing the settings. Hopefully it will be resolved soon as I would rather have a maintenance screen displayed than a website that just doesn't work as it should :)
    Just tried your blog and browsed through the images. Your blog look beautiful and image borders look just as before in the Fineart-Black theme. I would suggest adding the link to Blog into your header menu, so it is easier to get to it from gallery pages.
  • Thanks for the comment vitas but it looks totally different to what it did yesterday, the border used to contain the whole photo within its confines, now I can only see two lengths of the border, right hand side and the bottom border only, the top border and the left hand side border are now covered by the photograph, it looks very odd indeed and 3 of my other friends their borders are exactly the same... any ideas??
  • dennisdphotodennisdphoto Posts: 4Member
    I also have problems after last nights "maintenance". Home page slide show lost its transition fade and slideshow tab is no longer on page options.
    Interesting as I don't see this problem. Which browser/operating system is this? I'm on Mac OS Chrome.
  • dennisdphotodennisdphoto Posts: 4Member
    OS 10.8 Safari and Chrome. Home page slide show is different than before maintenance and overall is SLOW.
  • mrstevephotosmrstevephotos Posts: 1Member
    My site look crap...everything has all gone to the left of the screen when it all use to be centralised,all of my pages are custom pages.i run a very busy wedding photography company and my site now looks awful,use to look amazing.......really not happy as I've just done a series of wedding fairs so all of my potential clients will log on and see an absolute mess of a site.....
  • Atlantic PictureAtlantic Picture Maryland, USAPosts: 17Member
    edited September 2013
    Since the update my site had several "site not available" messages, glitches, continuously loading for minutes without getting anywhere, diff look, layout, got white back vs. the dark... sllideshow doesn't load for minutes... (i'm on W7 Chrome, Net: 23/4.6 Mbps)

Whenever it works my slideshow has a BLACK BOX behind it, which was not there, and can't remove it. (tried the transparent border in the theme editor.. nothing.. .)
    The new "Spotlight Content" shows background colors but no transparent option. Also it's called spotlight content now, yet the window shows "Slideshow". You guys should give it 3-4 more names just for the fun of it..) You could also scatter the setting options all over on several pages and locations on those several pages.. :) Oh, wait.. .that you've already done. Thanks!

I kept my old design, yet my site still has problems.. why? How long it will go on like this, and is there a magician who could tell me how to remove the black box behind the slideshow?

Thanks!
    All the best!
    Post edited by Atlantic Picture on
  • Birding In The Far EastBirding In The Far East Posts: 6Member
    edited September 2013
    Now I've lost my homepage slideshow and cannot get it back! This is totally frustrating, spent hours last night rejigging everything just to make it look presentable again and I've only got a minimal site. Losing the will guys.. actually I'm done with this now, guess I can't get my money back so how do I cancel my subscription? This isn't what I paid good money for.....
    Post edited by Birding In The Far East on
  • EDNEDN Posts: 54Member
    I had nothing but problems yesterday after the new updates were released. Spent several hours trying to correct the issues, as of today my customized blog page is still messed up. All of my images have been shifted to the left, when they were originally in the center of the page. A word to Zenfolio...thoroughly test updates prior to release, and never release them on Friday the 13th!

www.etnphotography.com
  • All of my images shifted to the left as well... Been with Zenfolio for awhile and NEVER had issues like this after an update.

Very disappointed...
  • Nicky JamesonNicky Jameson TorontoPosts: 103Member
    Reading all the comments here and my heart almost stopped... my site is still fine, I'm too busy right now to play with the new presets but from what I am reading I think I will be keeping my current site layout until the bugs are ironed out, especially if,once switching, you can't switch back. I also do not want my blog borked - at all. It would be nice if people could also post their links if they have updated or when they have an issue... I saw a couple of sites with the new presets and they look really cool.
    Nicky
  • In looking at the comments posted here it looks like I'm not alone. My site has a strange yellow/orange border around the right and bottom of all my pictures/thumbnails. Any advice on how to get rid of this? My site was fine until I upgraded my account this moring.
    I just visited http://barrymatlock.zenfolio.com/ (Birding in the Far East) site. The site looks really neat, the slideshow is working, the blog entries look fine and the galleries look great as well. I'm using Mac OS 10.8 with Chrome.

Presets do not switch your site to a new "platform". Presets just configure your site to a predesigned look and feel by changing theme and page options. You can always tweak your site as before after a preset has been applied.

Our engineers are aware of a few issues with blogs editing and appearance and are working hard on fixing them. If is very helpful if you contact support with the link to your blog.

For homepage slideshow, we recommend cropping all images used in the slideshow to the same aspect ratio. This ensures that there are no "ears" behind photos. You can also try using one of the new layouts that stretches the entire image to a given area.
  • vitas said:

I just visited http://barrymatlock.zenfolio.com/ (Birding in the Far East) site. The site looks really neat, the slideshow is working, the blog entries look fine and the galleries look great as well. I'm using Mac OS 10.8 with Chrome.

Presets do not switch your site to a new "platform". Presets just configure your site to a predesigned look and feel by changing theme and page options. You can always tweak your site as before after a preset has been applied.

Our engineers are aware of a few issues with blogs editing and appearance and are working hard on fixing them. If is very helpful if you contact support with the link to your blog.

For homepage slideshow, we recommend cropping all images used in the slideshow to the same aspect ratio. This ensures that there are no "ears" behind photos. You can also try using one of the new layouts that stretches the entire image to a given area.

vitas said:

vitas said:

Ty Vitas, I did manage to recover the situation regarding the look of the site but I had to use one of the new templates and change all layouts etc, if I revert to my original Fine Black Art template the problems still exist... although I'm now happy with what I've set up it still took many hours of head scratching and frustration to achieve this... but overall I'm now happy with the new look.

Barry.

• When I say I "upgraded" - I actually paid for the upgrade from "Umlimited" to "Premium" and that's when the issue began. I also tried to change the preset layout - that did not help. I have contacted the help desk so we'll see. The problem seems to only exist in Explorer, not Chrome, Safari, or Firefox.
    The look of thumbnails should not be affected by you switching plans at all. There might be something about the browser. Internet Explorer 8 is known to be sensitive to new CSS features that we've added, so we strongly advise to use Chrome, Firefox, or upgrade to Internet Explorer 9.
    edited September 2013
    Hello,

1. Anyone knows how to change the slideshow's background to TRANSPARENT like I had it before your update ? It has a BLACK background now, which was not there, and can't remove it. (sadly there are no transparent options in the new settings. I tried the transparent border in the theme editor which worked before but that doesn't do the trick anymore...
    2. Would like to add captions and titles to the photos to help my SEO but the CENTERED title turns to SOMEWHERE-LEFT upon adding a caption. I would prefer to keep BOTH CENTERED. This was an issue YEARS ago, is there a solution to this now?
    3. Anyone using a FaceBook business page sees a LARGE BOX ordering the user to switch to a personal FB account under the photo on a photo page. That's already wrong but on top of that it BLOCKS the title. Is there a way to fix/disable that?
    4. My SERVICES page's alignment is messed up now... strange b/c I haven't even touched that. http://atlanticpicture.com/services

This is not funny anymore.... Any potential customer visiting will click away from this ----!
    Post edited by Atlantic Picture on
    We will look into the transparent background issue on Monday. It might be a bug introduced in the updated slideshow. We recommend cropping all slideshow images to the same aspect ratio. This way the background will never show up.
    AWESOME! IT IS WORKING NOW! THANKS!
    The slideshow background is transparent now, and the photos are back on my service page. :)
    (crossing fingers and hoping it stays... ;) )
  • EDNEDN Posts: 54Member
    I had an issue after the new updates were released. The images in my customized Blog page all shifted to the left side of the page. Well this morning when I logged into my site, all looks to be to normal. The images are centered again like the were before the updates. Apparently the Zenfolio engineers fixed that issue......

Ed Newell Photography
    Great to hear that things are fixed. Yes, we've been working hard through the weekend to address the issues introduced in the release. If you see any issues, please report them to support with detailed descriptions, screenshots, etc, so we can investigate and address them faster.
  • Hi there I've had a go at using some of the new fullscreen homepage options on my website:

www.thirdeyephotography.co.uk

Whilst I'm really pleased with the look that we're now able to achieve for our home pages (much cleaner and more contemporary I feel), I've noticed a weird issue with my slide show transitions. I've always used cross fade but now the transition stutters - it seems to load twice - a normal smooth cross fade followed by a "flying in from the corners" type effect. I am seeing this on my iMac (27inch, 2.93 GHz i7, 1024 MB VRAM, 16GB RAM, OS 10.7.5, Safari 6.0.5) despite clearing the Safari cache. My iPad seems OK (although the dynamic resizing of the new fullscreen slide show images doesn't appear to be working fully - severe horizontal cropping when moving from landscape to portrait orientation & the displayed website name and header menu overlap on iPad - help please Zen !)

I've submitted a report to Zen support (including a brief video clip). In the meantime could anyone please spare a moment to check out my site on other iMacs, MacBooks, & PCs to feedback whether this is a consistent problem or an issue with my iMac please ? Maybe its a browser issue ?

BTW I agree with everyone here who says that the changes have now rendered the galleries VERY outdated looking. Can't wait for the next update phase ! Whilst many won't want an Instagram style photo wall (I get that images benefit from space for emphasis) some will - having the option would be nice - particularly for those of us targeting clients used to using those sites presenting images in that way. I think 500px and Photoshelter (Beam looks awesome) are making major strides there - I really hope Zen can better their efforts as they have got so much so right to date ! (I moved over here from SmugMug a couple of years back and I don't want to move again)

Thanks

Alex
    Third Eye Photography
  • Zen support back in touch (wow that was quick - only 22 minutes !!!) - suggested trying a different browser - works fine with Firefox :) Anyone else have issues with Safari ?
  • Yikes.. Smugmug's change to their new format was still worse than this.. but please fix the issues with the CSS script for IE8. I can not control what browsers my visitors use and currently my home page is all messed up in IE8 as well as my photo pages. It looks fine in Firefox and others now (after hours of tweaking).
    I see a returning issue and I wonder if anyone else has this and if there's a fix.
    None of my galleries set to "Allow downloading" photos, however time after time if I select all photos in my zf to change settings/title..etc... and I click on Access Control it shows "Allow downloading " as marked!

Also settings like allow guestbook, comments, adding to featured..etc. are also marked.
    None of these are ever marked in my galleries and even if I check every single gallery and make sure all are marked as not allowed, a few months and some "goes back" to allow downloading again...

Obviously if it only happens at my end I don't mind the occasional scare, but if it actually allows downloading photos that's a problem.
  • VillagerNVillagerN Posts: 191Member
    @ Alex / Third Eye Photography

I think your front page works great, and no problems with slideshow transitions on Chrome/Firefox/IE.
    However, I'm viewing on a comparatively small monitor (17"ish) and the menu overlap that you refer to is an issue, plus your dropdowns appear to have a transparent background, so aren't very readable when they drop and overlap thumbnails.

n.
  • Thanks VillagerN - very reassuring to hear that. I've sent a video clip up to Zen Support but they seem to think that there's no issue. I'm only seeing the stuttering slide transition in Safari. Fine in Firefox and clearly OK from your perspective, so I'm sure its a browser issue and not my machine. You're right about the drop dpwn transparency - I need to fix that - this is my first bash at tweaking the new presets

Further help to resolve the Safari home slide transition needed please Zen Support !