Photo Caption Titles

Hi, does anyone know how to remove the photo caption title/name from under photos in you galleries? Or how to edit the names rather than it showing DSCF### etc? Thanks

Comments

• New Hope ImagesNew Hope Images Member Posts: 51
    Michelle,
    If you go to your Organizer and select the Gallery in question, you'll see all the photos in that gallery. You can click right in the Title area under the photo and either edit it, or delete it. The captions can be changed on the right side of the screen for each photo. To suppress the display of Titles in galleries, when you go into Customize Visitor view, you can choose Options at the top and then click on Thumbnails which should give you a radio button on showing or hiding the Titles.
    Kevin

http://www.newhopeimages.com
  • Mark Tassoni PhotographyMark Tassoni Photography PAMember Posts: 37
    Kevin,
    Where is this radio button to hide the Title???? I don't see it.
    As far as I know the only way to hide the title is to delete it.
    For me, I'm a bit concerned with the placement of the caption. I just started using captions and with the "no thumbnails" layout, they have it awkwardly placed under the image. Looks terrible.
  • New Hope ImagesNew Hope Images Member Posts: 51
    Mark - you do not red to blank out all the titles in order to not see them, at least I don't. Perhaps this is different depending on your Theme? Go into Customize View - you should see a selection at the top called Options. Click on that and choose the Thumbnails tab. Near the top there is an option then to either show or hide the Title. I just retried it and it works.
    Kevin
  • Time with my cameraTime with my camera Member Posts: 1
    Hello, new user Ian here. I have the opposite problem. I have added captions to my photos, yet they do not appear when viewing the website. I have ensured that, in options, the view captions is 'on'. Thank you
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 502
    If you've added captions to your images, the captions can only be displayed in either the gallery photos page or in the Quick Shop page.

In the gallery thumbnails page, only the gallery's caption is displayed. This may be the page where you've set the caption to show.

If so, go to the Options panel of the gallery photos page and the Quick Shop page and then set the Caption to Show.

See this link for how to go to the Options panel of the gallery photos page - http://goo.gl/LcmvMJ

This one covers how to go to the Options panel of the Quick Shop page - https://goo.gl/ZtbCDM