Do you plan on offering your customers a sale for the holidays?

ZenBrianZenBrian Posts: 1,689
The holiday season is upon us, and in many industries there is one word that stands tall: SALE. For some photographers it’s an off-season for shooting, while for others this season can mean an increase in print sales. Photo-gifts can take many forms, and often it’s the sentimentality of the holidays that can be the driving force. There are so many options and it’s amazing what the word “sale” can do. People tend to order more when there’s a discount. Whether it's on custom holiday cards, portraits on canvas, or a nicely framed print as a gift, if it's a deal it's a steal! If it’s a slow time for shooting, having a sale on a sitting session can help bring in a few extra shoots during the down time. While it’s important to not give everything away for free, do you plan on offering your customers a sale for the holidays? What type of sale seems to work best for you?

Do you plan on offering your customers a sale for the holidays? 11 votes

Yes, I am offering a sale on orders
36% 4 votes
I am running a sale for my shooting sessions
0% 0 votes
Everything is on sale
0% 0 votes
Business as usual, I'm always running a sale of some sort
18% 2 votes
I'm thinking about having a sale
18% 2 votes
No sale planned
27% 3 votes
Thanks!

Brian
Zenfolio Support

Check out my site! www.bussierephoto.com

Comments

• Yes, I always offer sales. It really does boost overall revenue and it makes my customers happy because they are getting a deal.
  • EvanChungPhotographyEvanChungPhotography San Francisco Bay AreaPosts: 18
    I just had a sale where folks had to like my facebook page and send me a message to get the 30% coupon code. It worked well and got more likes for the facebook page. However, the jury is out as to whether this was a more profitable sale compared to the conventional coupon discounts that I usually send out.
    I'd be curious to here how others run their sales...
    -Evan
    www.EvanChungPhoto.com
  • hehehehe Posts: 1
    that's always the best time to boost your sales