Can I see my clients favorite list?

CAn clients see their images on ZF and mark then as favorite so that I can Know which ones they like

Best Answer

Answers

• All-Star ImagesAll-Star Images Member Posts: 1
    edited April 2014
    ZenBrian said:

Yes, there is a Favorites feature available for the Premium level accounts. In order to see a set of clients favorites, they first need to Share that set with you. Once shared, it will show up in your account under Shared Favorites.

Ok, Then what? How can I download them, put our logo on them and re-upload for purchase?
    Post edited by All-Star Images on
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,450
    We should be able to see clients favorites without asking them to share them with us. It's not a marketing tool for the photographer the way it's set up. Other on-line gallery services have reports you can generate that show all images tagged as favorites and what email addresses they are pinned to. That's what we need as well!
  • agreed. What is the point of having an online gallery for clients to pick images if WE cant see them right off the bat...Hello Zenfolio??
  • Agreed as well... your main competitor PASS does
  • Cameo PortraitsCameo Portraits Laurel, MSMember Posts: 3
    I too agree. The current system dies not help me with sales. I am looking. I have heard about pass anyone using it.
  • Shootproof does this as well and no commissions. Many times I've had to explain to the client the steps to share their favorites with me in order to move onto the next phase. It's been a hassle for some despite that I have the Zenfolio favorite guide video link on the login page along with an explanation. Most of this is due to the client viewing on a mobile device. Even more of a reason to make it automatic. We can't force them to sit in front of desktop and make their picks. This should be seamless to the client and a timesaver for both parties. The longer you wait, the more you risk the client's enthusiasm to buy diminish. One alternative is to do In-Person proofing/sales but this is also a bad UI/UX design for photographers. If you sat there with the client walking through the images in the client's account then you have to share the images with yourself. Even if you are logged in as the admin/photographer setting a favorites list with the client you still have to share the list with yourself. Looks like a hack.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,450
    edited January 2015
    Does anyone else agree that we should have access to clients favorites and saved shopping carts?
  • jeancliclacjeancliclac Member Posts: 16
    Yes absolutely, it is wrong that we need to ask our clients about their favorites....... let us see those it will be a service to us and to our clients THEY DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHY WE SHOULD ASK THEM and invitation!
  • Yes, I absolutely agree that it is taxing and cumbersome to ask my clients to share their favorites gallery with me. It should appear that I have more control over my site than that. Any and all activity on my images shold be recorded and readily available to me
  • I totally agree. It has been terribly frustrating to my clients and I am now considering moving to PASS. My studio partner uses it and is very happy with it!!
  • LGM PhotographicLGM Photographic Member Posts: 1
    So was there ever a resolution to this...???
  • Cameo PortraitsCameo Portraits Laurel, MSMember Posts: 3
    I guess we will all have to get to another company. Since ZF won't listen to us. And what is sad I believe I remember several years back we could see favorites without the hassle. Often times my clients forget to share and then I call sometimes several times before I know what they want. If I just want a place to show my images there are many free gallery programs on the I net. Wake up Zen we like you but your not helping us.
  • Jim BurnsJim Burns Member Posts: 4
    This is a little archaic. I can see why you would not want us to know what a favorite is since I am sure you want all of us to use your print services, but when I put up proofs, so the client can decide what they like so I can edit them, the system fails.

I agree with all above this needs to be fixed or I am not renewing. This topic is important enough to me that I registered for this site to voice my opinion.
    ZenBrian said:

Yes, there is a Favorites feature available for the Premium level accounts. In order to see a set of clients favorites, they first need to Share that set with you. Once shared, it will show up in your account under Shared Favorites.

• StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 607
    Favorites are automatically shared now and they can be seen by going to Edit View > Photos > Shared Favorites. They're broken down into two categories. Favorites that have been manually shared by the client and ones that haven't been manually shared. For more on the recent changes to Favorites, check out this link.
  • David Michael AvantDavid Michael Avant Member Posts: 2
    I haven't seen a post I disagree with in the thread. #zenfolio #fixit #prettyprettyplease