Twitter Share only shows a link - no photo? Anyway around this?

Hi,

when I share a photo to google+ or facebook it displays a thumbnail of the photo I'm sharing. However only twitter it only shows the link (no inline preview). Apart from manually uploading each photo I want to share using twitter itself, is there anyway I can get it to display the thumbnail? (a lot of people don't click on links!)

Comments

• I am having the same issue, FB displays an image and my site name, I would prefer just the image or thumbnail or a preview, but Twitter displays only a link, even if I use the embed code, or direct link to image, regardless it shows only the link, short link, long link does not seem to matter.
  • StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 607
    The way each of these social media platforms work is a bit different in regards to sharing your images from your Zenfolio site.

A share to Facebook will display more information than one to Twitter. As mentioned, one to Twitter will display just a link. With either method, the share is always a link back to your site.
  • +1 - I don't use the Twitter share from my Zenfolio in it's current form. I export a second set of images from Lightroom sized to Twitter at 72dpi 1024 max, with an added watermark in order to be able to upload and have the image embedded in a tweet and showing in the Twitter feed. It would be fantastic if I could tweet from Zenfolio and have it do all that, i.e. resize to Twitter size and resolution limits, place in Tweet as inline image, and add current watermark... otherwise it's unusable.