Out of all the business decisions you’ve made, what was the biggest mistake?

ZenBrianZenBrian Administrator Posts: 1,689
Running a business isn’t easy, especially in a competitive market. Each decision helps form the business, even the decision to postpone the decision-making. A business venture’s success or failure can depend on a seemingly insignificant variable. While some choices seem pretty black and white, others can be blurry with unpredictable consequences. Make-or-break decisions can be made when developing your business network, such as borrowing money, taking on a partner, hiring an assistant/employee, or even your choice of clients to accept. Out of all the business decisions you’ve made, what was the biggest mistake, and how did you overcome it?

Out of all the business decisions you’ve made, what was the biggest mistake? 11 votes

Investment capital – To Borrow or not to Borrow
0% 0 votes
Choosing a business partner
9% 1 vote
Hiring employees
9% 1 vote
Marketing faux pas
18% 2 votes
Embracing or rejecting a certain technology
9% 1 vote
Accepting the ‘wrong’ clients
27% 3 votes
Burning bridges
0% 0 votes
Other
27% 3 votes
Thanks!

Brian
Zenfolio Support

Check out my site! www.bussierephoto.com

Comments

• Partnering with Zenfolio has been my biggest mistake to date. Twice, while in the middle of extensive retouching and custom edits to a large wedding order, Zenfolio has cancelled my customer's order (while assuring me they would not cancel without contacting me first). My customer had no complaint (or even concern) with the time frame in our contract agreement, yet Zenfolio arbitrarily interfered. There are no individually accountable associates at Zenfolio, just a parade of first names under boilerplate text that doesn't address my problems with Zenfolio. Actual customer service is non-existent.
  • ZenBrianZenBrian Administrator Posts: 1,689
    We do not try to make things difficult for anyone, but as the merchant there are some rules that we have to follow. There is a limited window that credit card companies allow for refunds to be processed. Being the merchant, Zenfolio is responsible to either ensure delivery of the product or to refund the charge that we processed. This refund needs to happen within the refund window, so the cancellation is not arbitrary.
    Thanks!

Brian
    Zenfolio Support

Check out my site! www.bussierephoto.com
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2014
    Other -- way too many to count. Learned valuable lessons from all of them.
    Post edited by Kevin Krows on
  • SylvainPhotoSylvainPhoto Member Posts: 76
    Using Zenfolio. ..... Just kidding :)