Interior Photography Which lens?

MaddieAboutYouMaddieAboutYou Member Posts: 1
Hi
I have a Canon 50mm F1.4 and Canon 70-200mm F4 and Tamron 24-70mm F4 and shooting with a Full Frame Canon 6D. I'm looking at getting something wider for interior photography, what would you recommend? Very top end would be out of my budget and I don't want to be looking at replacing a bottom end lens too soon, so middle range price wise, or a bit more if it's an absolute must. I thought 16-35mm or 17-40mm would be about right, but not enough experience with them to know?

Comments

• christopherstevenbchristopherstevenb OttawaMember Posts: 255
    Tilt-shift lenses are where you want to be. But short of that, I wouldn't hesitate to use a 17-40, which could be had used for about $600. If you keep that lens with its barrel parallel with the ground, it's fabulous. Corners are somewhat soft, but at this price, you really can't expect better.

Ottawa Wedding Photographer
    Christopher Steven B. Photography | Wedding blog

• Craig Mutch PhotoCraig Mutch Photo Member Posts: 1
    I dont do much interiors but I have a Sigma 10-20 which works well. Also, it is a little soft on the corners so f11 or better seems to help and then a little crop and perspective control on PS3
  • Nina PearmanNina Pearman Melbourne, Australia Member Posts: 14
    I owned the Sigma 10-20mm, awesome lens - recently upgraded to the f/4 17-40mm slightly sharper than the Sigma and pretty darn sharp @ f/7 onwards for a zoom lens IMO. If you're mostly shooting with a wide angle, I'd go the 16-35mm it's almost twice as much, but it's faster and sharper and just so nice...
  • Michael KemperMichael Kemper Member Posts: 18
    edited October 2015
    This is definitely an old post, but I'd also recommend the Sigma 10-20mm! The distortion isn't anything that's so bad it can't be handled in post.
  • Alice BellAlice Bell Member Posts: 1
    I also don't do much interior photography, but I must agree with the Sigma 10-20mm or try surfing FixThePhoto website, there are nice articles with useful tips about that)Hope it'll help
  • Justin Minns PhotographyJustin Minns Photography Member Posts: 88
    Lots of recommendations for the 10-20mm which isn't a full frame lens so won't fit on the Canon 6D... I'm sure the OP has found a solution by now though!