Download permissions don't include video

We have photo packages that the customer purchases ahead of time and want to deliver the video with the gallery of photos. While the video file will show in the gallery, and ALL the photos can be downloaded with the password we set, the video will NOT select for download. We set the video protections to "Same as containing group" i.e., the photo gallery.

When we click on the "Downloading" tab in settings, two buttons show which photo files or raw files are to be downloaded, but there is no selection for video. Neither we nor the client can download the video without setting a price list in the shopping cart.

It seems an awkward workaround for something that should be easy to set up. Is there a setting we are missing?

Comments

• ZenBrianZenBrian Administrator Posts: 1,689
    For Videos, there is actually a box to check in your Customize Visitor View > Options > Page Elements > Videos:Make largest allowed sizes downloadable. Can you double check this area to make sure it's selected?
    Thanks!

Brian
    Zenfolio Support

Check out my site! www.bussierephoto.com
  • Neon Vine PhotographyNeon Vine Photography Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    This little checkbox, should be in the right hand window with all of the other folder specific features. And, can't download several folders. Can there be an option to download a GROUP folder that neatly contains the items presorted with one click, one link? Please? And please make the video have the same control path as the images, why are they different with options buried in some out of the way place?
    Post edited by Neon Vine Photography on
  • MartWilliamsMartWilliams Member Posts: 6
    ZenBrian said:

For Videos, there is actually a box to check in your Customize Visitor View > Options > Page Elements > Videos:Make largest allowed sizes downloadable. Can you double check this area to make sure it's selected?

How on earth were we supposed to have thought to look there??? Beggars belief, put it in the same access panel where we choose the access settings for photos. It's not rocket science.
  • MACH PHOTOGRAPHYMACH PHOTOGRAPHY Member Posts: 11
    You are destroying my credibility with customers when you hide stuff like this. When I ONLY select videos WHY does "Photo Access" come up on the right hand side? If no photos are selected why do you make it look like I can effect ANYTHING to do with videos, when I can't!!! Look up "Intuitive" in the dictionary, please!
  • AarographyAarography Member Posts: 1
    This post is 3 years old, and I cannot believe Zenfolio hasn't fixed this issue yet. I also uploaded videos for a client recently, and they were unable to download them even though I had all the default download boxes checked. Now, after searching for an hour, I found out how to enable video downloads through a random navigation of options.

I agree with MACH PHOTOGRAPHY (above). This is absolutely ridiculous. PLEASE fix this soon, so others don't have to waste their time figuring this out.