New iOS app is ready!

ZenBrianZenBrian Administrator Posts: 1,689
We’re happy to announce the new app titled: Zenfolio is available in the app store! It works with iOS7 and iOS8 There are several new features, including a quick blog option and video support.
Thanks!

Brian
Zenfolio Support

Check out my site! www.bussierephoto.com

Comments

• 5004150041 Member Posts: 467
    edited September 2014
    Hi all - I've updated the app on my iPhone 5 last night and like the look and feel of it.

However....in the previous version you could upload the To-Go list with a whole group and all it's containing galleries whereas (unless I've missed something) in the new app you have to go into each group and upload each separate gallery - which means you loose the grouping structure.

This is a REAL pain and for me makes the app far less useful. Am I doing something wrong or has the functionality of the To-Go list changed so that you can't upload a group and all its containing galleries?

Also - where has the option to change the background of the app gone?

Post edited by 50041 on
  • Larry BermanLarry Berman Member Posts: 8
    I dislike the Flickr look. It's a real pain when showing specific image to clients on my iphone or ipad. Now I or they have to scroll through all those large images to find the one a client is interested in instead of looking through thumbnails and immediately choosing the particular image. Sometimes upgrades are really downgrades. It was working fine before and I'd like to continue using the previous version.
  • Larry BermanLarry Berman Member Posts: 8
    Looking deeper into the new app. The Browse Photos are all slide show options. No options on reducing the size of the images to thumbnail size so at least the appearance mimics the old app.
  • SkidsSkids Member Posts: 183
    edited September 2014
    I like the look of the app but after it loaded all of the gallery images it then refreshed and showed 'Empty Group' for the majority of them and when I click on those it says the collection is empty. Even sub galleries are showing as empty groups. This is very frustrating because before I could access everything and now I can't.
    Is there a fix available?
    This is on an iPhone 5
  • ZaqfalconZaqfalcon Member Posts: 25
    Hi, the release notes for the updated app says we can now share on Instagram but I can't find an option or instructions how to do this. Can you advise please? Thanks, Zack
  • ZenBrian,

I don't know how to mince words about the update. The new mobile app is simply terrible. Aside from supporting new devices, I can't find anything good about it. Navigation, layout, and preferences are are step backward, and just not reflective of the type of product Zenfolio usually puts out. And it's very buggy. The to-go feature has been decimated. How are our clients expected to use an understand this new app?

Here's more detail.

http://forums.zenfolio.com/discussion/14236/new-zenfolio-mobile-app-ouch#latest
  • ronjon2ronjon2 Member Posts: 67
    edited September 2014
    How in the world did this new version of an app get approved for release? I just scratch my head at this one. Go to list does not function and most galleries just show as empty. I do like the new look thumbnails though. Please put the easy to navigate menu back.
  • SkidsSkids Member Posts: 183
    It seems that it is not just me that is encountering these issues so could somebody please acknowledge that there are bugs and they are being dealt with.

Many Thanks
  • ZenBrianZenBrian Administrator Posts: 1,689
    There are some known issues with the app that we are working on resolving (including the issue with displaying empty galleries). If you're experiencing any crashes, sending the crash logs to us at support@zenfolio.com is very useful for the developers, and can speed up their diagnosis and resolution of the issues.

If you're able to provide logs, here's how to access them:
    • Go to “Settings"
    • Tap “General”
    • Tap “About”, scroll to the bottom
    • Tap “Diagnostics & Usage”
    • Tap “Diagnostic & Usage Data”
    • Tap “LatestCrash-Zenfolio.ips” (it may also appear as: "Zenfolio-2014-date-numbers" if it doesn't actually crash, but logs an error)

Here you’ll see a long screen of text. Please copy and paste the whole thing into an email.

The exact steps you took are also useful if you can recall.
    Thanks!

Brian
    Zenfolio Support

• ZaqfalconZaqfalcon Member Posts: 25
    ... and my question about Instagram?
  • Great to know you're working on the bugs. I saw the same as Skids. Worked initially, then just an "Empty Group".
  • Joseph OwJoseph Ow Member Posts: 1
    There is no faster way to make me want to cancel my zenfolio account with this new app. Virtually useless when I cannot access empty groups. It also takes forever to load pics. Please give us the option to download and to use previous version of the app until you fix the bugs. You should never have released this new version with all the bugs. Extremely disappointed, someone should be fired for this.
    Zaqfalcon said:

... and my question about Instagram?

Instagram shows up in the Share Menu, but it does need to be installed on the device in order to be able to share to it

Thanks!

Brian
    Zenfolio Support

As Joseph said please put the old version back for downloading until the new version is actually ready for prime time. It's been almost two weeks we have gone without a working app, if the problem is this big then let us just use the old version.
  • Dave SnyderDave Snyder Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    I am not sure that the new app will ever be of the quality we have come to expect from Zenfolio. This morning, I took a single image with my iPad. Just out of curiosity, I placed it in a gallery. I then checked on my desktop and there it was. Just what I want. I now have the ability to put my iPad images beside my carefully edited Nikon D800 images. And an added plus is the ability to order a 16 x 20 print of an iPad image! Why not give us the option of a professional app (the old one) or, for those who want Facebook, etc. a separate app. Add what happened to Exif data and comments on select images?

As I did not want others to see my images on the App in its current condition, I went to my desktop and changed my password. The thought was it would lock everyone out. Not so. The App refused to recognize the new password and the mess is revealed to all.

Personally, I am researching SmugMug to see how much of a headache it would be to switch.
  • I cannot believe that with the overwhelming outrage over the role out of the new app and the way it has undermined the years of trust building Zenfolio has created with us, their clients, that there has been essentially zero corporate feedback on this problem. I'm angry because we have come to depend on them to convey professionalism to our clients and they have left all of us hanging with almost zero feedback. I'm also angry that I have recommended Zenfolio to many of my friends and now I look like the hack who sent them to this amature organization. Who is in charge of PR for Zenfolio anyhow. They really should be let go!
    We appreciate your patience as we work on improvements and fixes for the new app! There were some issues with the new version that affected performance for a limited number of customers in specific situations.

We have addressed the issues and have submitted a new version to the app store for their approval. Once they approve it, you'll be able to update and the app should work as intended. We don't have an exact date for this, as it is up to Apple at this point, but we are hoping they will push it out in the next 5-10 business days.
    Thanks!

Brian
    Zenfolio Support

edited September 2014
    Thanks for the update.

Post edited by ronjon2 on
    edited October 2014
    The new September 26th update appears to have fixed most if not all the problems on my end so far. One request, please put the "To Go List" back on the main page instead of burying it in the menu. Also when I change the cover photo in an album that I have as a To Go Gallery it does not sync in the app it just stays as it was the first time I downloaded it, other photos update just not the cover photo
    Post edited by ronjon2 on
  • joseph smithjoseph smith Member Posts: 6
    Just downloaded the App. It looks awesome!