Change robots.txt for better SEO

Hi there,
newly changes of google say that, css and other scripts, that are used for the visual design are now more important for the searchengine results and relevant for the correct crawling of the google bot.

So I´d like to change my robots.txt and delete the "Disallow entries for css an script.

So, my question is, how can I change the robots.txt?

Greetings
Stefan

Comments

• ZenBrianZenBrian Administrator Posts: 1,689
    Thanks for bringing this up! While it's not possible for individuals to change their own robots.txt files, the engineers looked further into it and have made the adjustments to the robot.txt files to allow both CSS and Javascript, per Google's recommendations.
    Thanks!

Brian
    Zenfolio Support

Check out my site! www.bussierephoto.com
  • christopherstevenbchristopherstevenb OttawaMember Posts: 255
    That was fast--thanks, Brian.

Ottawa Wedding Photographer
    Christopher Steven B. Photography | Wedding blog

• Bonzer PhotosBonzer Photos Member Posts: 52
    Has this been resolved? My Zen SEO is a disaster
  • My SEO is a complete mess right now! I am seriously close to jumping ship all together and going to another platform. I like that I can manage my site and my client galleries all through zenfolio, but not at the cost of better indexing and higher page ranks. As of today 2/25/16 google PageSpeed Insights gives this warning message. "Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content"..."Your page has 1 blocking script resources and 5 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
    None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML.
    Remove render-blocking JavaScript:"

So that means that my I need to redesign my home page because the home page slider is making google just pas me by. I'm no expert, so by all means correct me, but this is my interpretation.
  • SikoSiko Raleigh, NCMember Posts: 42
    I am receiving the same warning message using Google Page Speed Insights as of 12-13-16

"Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content
    Your page has 1 blocking script resources and 2 blocking CSS resources. This causes a delay in rendering your page.
    None of the above-the-fold content on your page could be rendered without waiting for the following resources to load. Try to defer or asynchronously load blocking resources, or inline the critical portions of those resources directly in the HTML."

What can I do to correct this issue?

http://sallysiko.zenfolio.com
  • Please respond to the "Eliminate render-blocking JavaScript and CSS in above-the-fold content issue, are there different page designs that will work better?
  • Same here. I guess nobody cares
    1.mobile.jpg
    1498 x 772 - 218K
  • here's more
    2.desktop.jpg
    1446 x 1062 - 343K
  • AnykaAnyka Member Posts: 9
    Anybody from Zenfolio busy solving this? I have the same analysis :

Remove render-blocking JavaScript:http://cdn.zenfolio.net/…hone4/aos/2UKPTK93N5VN2/compactlayout.js

Optimize CSS Delivery of the following:http://cdn.zenfolio.net/…T6Y8/36DG/W/656290246/custom/compact.css

This is from today, 2017, and I see this topic dates from 3 years ago. Has anything been done, or is Zenfolio working on this?
  • Johara HayatJohara Hayat Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2017
    In practice, robots.txt files indicate whether certain user agents (web-crawling software) can or cannot crawl parts of a website. These crawl instructions are specified by “disallowing” or “allowing” the behavior of certain (or all) user agents.

seo checker
    Post edited by Johara Hayat on
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 197
    edited November 2017
    Our engineers are still looking into how we can improve the way our sites perform on the PageSpeed Insights Test.. Also, the tools themselves give inconsistent results for your sites (the results often change when you refresh the test).

Keep in mind that other major sites such as Amazon, Youtube (which is owned by Google), and even Google itself display low ratings on this test.

The notices you see for javascript and CSS in this test are due to most sites using those extensively.

Please reach out to our support team here if you have any specific questions about your site and the PageSpeed Insights test.
    Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 7.02.59 AM.png
    1126 x 624 - 67K
    Screen Shot 2017-11-21 at 7.01.29 AM.png
    1099 x 620 - 84K