SEO and Google

epaulibusepaulibus Member Posts: 1
edited November 2014 in Marketing Yourself
I am rather stumped by this. I have done all of the cool things to get my site crawled and indexed and noticed by Google Search. However when I search for my site on Google I get nothing, but if I search on Bing or Yahoo where I did nothing my site pops right to the top within the first two or three listings. And yes I have waited better than a week after doing all of this and still nothing.

Has anyone experienced this? Am I still missing something?
Post edited by epaulibus on

Comments

• christopherstevenbchristopherstevenb OttawaMember Posts: 255
    It's too bad you didn't include a link to your website or the keywords you're trying to be found for. I'm not sure how anyone can address your question absent this.

Ottawa Wedding Photographer
    Christopher Steven B. Photography | Wedding blog

• Raw SEORaw SEO Chicago, ILMember Posts: 8
    I would consider researching the phrases you searched and their competitive level. Every market and phrase is different but if your following all the steps just give it time - there is no specific set time.
  • ahmedahmed Istanbul, turkeyMember Posts: 16
    i suggest you take of back lınks and key words strategy it is important
    ahmed mohamed
    social media manager
    AKFİLM photography and film production company
    AKFİLM productions
  • LikoHat1LikoHat1 Member Posts: 3
    "epaulibus" your website name please.
  • kmostakinkmostakin Khulna, Bangladesh.Member Posts: 3
    epaulibus said:

I am rather stumped by this. I have done all of the cool things to get my site crawled and indexed and noticed by Google Search. However when I search for my site on Google I get nothing, but if I search on Bing or Yahoo where I did nothing my site pops right to the top within the first two or three listings. And yes I have waited better than a week after doing all of this and still nothing.

Has anyone experienced this? Am I still missing something?

For this I think you need to know SEO. SEO is not a simple task. For it need lot of time and continue SEO. And I think at a time will must be result. Then you should learn hug seo knowledge.
  • joseph smithjoseph smith Member Posts: 6
    Google works in mysterious ways my friend. :-)
  • RicardoRicardo Member Posts: 15
    Use SEO moz to evaluate the quality of the links to your page. The more quality links pointing to your page the better your website will perform in the search engines.
  • RicardoRicardo Member Posts: 15
    Further on from the previous post. Research the competition and how powerful their websites are for your certain keywords. A good guide on analyzing the competition I found here. It can take some time to rank higher if you do a quality job, however it's totally worth it.