Storytelling like Exposure, Storehouse or Medium

Hello, I'm a long time Zenfolio user and want to stay that way. I want to use Zenfolio to make story-based galleries. Sample programs are easy to use, easy to layout, to create elegant, flowing pages of a story. I am thinking from 20-40 pictures interspersed with narrative. What features in Zenfolio can best do this? i have barely touched blogs or custom pages, but am looking for an easy, elegant solution.

Medium https://medium.com/ - more text driven, but handles photos and text together really well.

Exposure - https://exposure.co/ (.CO not .COM)

Storehouse - an iOS app, https://www.storehouse.co/

Again, looking for ways to do this within Zenfolio. Example URLs would be helpful.

Thanks,
Rob.

Comments

• Does anyone have galleries they can share where they mixed images and text together in Zenfolio?
  • Stroodle88Stroodle88 White Salmon, WAMember Posts: 90
    I'm a Storehouse user and love the easy-to-use, intuitive interface of it. Unfortunately, my own Zenfolio blog is not setup in that style, but then again, I use them for different purposes. It's not too hard to mimic the Storehouse layout, but it'd be relatively more difficult to do with Zenfolio. The photo layouts would not be as dynamic, but it can be done by setting up tables and adding images into cells of tables. That's my initial thought anyway. Another way you can easily layout images in table-like/grid-like patterns would be to use a piece of software like Blogstomp. I have examples of that on my blog site.
    Bertrand Hui
    Bertrand Hui - Lifestyle Photographer
    Based in the Columbia River Gorge, Pacific Northwest
  • Thanks for the response, I think you are saying use Blog or custom pages and do a fixed layout with a table to mix in pictures and text, correct?

Any other ideas out there?
  • Bill Heiser PhotographyBill Heiser Photography San Francisco, CAMember Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    I'm looking for a capability like this on Zenfolio too. Sure, I could use Medium or one of the others, but I'd rather keep it simple rather than managing multiple sites on different services. The Blog function here has potential, but it seems to require significant formatting to create each post; not only that, but there doesn't seem to be a(n obvious) way to control what text shows up on the summary page (where all the posts are listed). I saw another blog where someone has this figured out, so apparently it's possible... (the example I found is www.davidkingham.com/blog)
  • I am still looking to do this with Zenfolio if anyone has some advice?! Basically i want to easily combine text and photos into stories.

Thanks!
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    Those are called Blogs.
  • I have tried Zen's blog feature and found it very cumbersome and hard to use. Maybe it has changed in the last year? If you look at the three I sited (over a year ago in the OP), they are much more dynamic in image placement and formatting flexibility. I will look at the Blog tool again, but was wondering whether people integrate Zen with some other tools to achieve something greater.
    Yes the do. Check out Word Press for creating a dynamic Blog site.
  • Thanks @kevinkrows, I've also been reading your posts about other platforms, thanks for sharing your experiences.

As for dynamic stories, I am looking at Exposure.co at the moment. I don't really want a blog per se, but a story. Exposure.co is like Storehouse but allows for creating on the web vs mobile only of Storehouse. Although i think beyond a certain amount Exposure is a paid service.
    Might want to check this site out as well.

http://www.prophoto.com/
  • saharmalusaharmalu Member Posts: 8
    As for dynamic stories, I am looking at Exposure.co at the moment. I don't really want a blog per se, but a story. Exposure.co is like Storehouse but allows for creating on the web vs mobile only of Storehouse. Although i think beyond a certain amount Exposure is a paid service.
  • Anyone following this space, Storehouse.co shut down earlier this year. Medium is pretty huge although mostly text articles.
  • Stroodle88Stroodle88 White Salmon, WAMember Posts: 90
    edited October 2016
    At this point, seems like the only viable option for a medium like the old Storehouse.co (which I personally loved) is Adobe Spark Page for iOS.
    Bertrand Hui
    Bertrand Hui - Lifestyle Photographer
    Based in the Columbia River Gorge, Pacific Northwest