brain storming about online media marketing !!!!!!!!!!

ahmedahmed Istanbul, turkeyMember Posts: 16
here i am
it is my first day to this forum but i want to share some useful tips about online media marketing
but first i want to ask about your opinion about the expression ( online media marketing ) ?
ahmed mohamed
social media manager
AKFİLM photography and film production company
AKFİLM productions

Comments

• TroyDPhotographyTroyDPhotography Member Posts: 25
    I have NO experience with marketing. ANY useful hints would be GREATLY appreciated.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,453
    Ahmed - You selling a service to us today?

AKFILM Productions - Istanbul, Turkey

About Us -- "Highly Effective Creativity" is what we do with the passion we have for our brands. We are communication partners with valuable brands, global brands most of which have become the leader in their sector and local ones who became legends. We create contemporary and innovative ideas to create, differentiate and grow our brands. We value to build and witness their place in the coming years as well with a long term perspective. No wonder why we’re working with more than 50 % of our clients for over 10 years!

We’re good at tango between global and local. Using our global power with local flexibility, we provide relevant creative solutions built around radically changing needs of the modern world.
    edited June 2015
    I'll throw in an idea to jump start the conversation. There are many other Zen Photographers who have shared some great ideas over the years so I hope they will participate.

My background is in strategic business planning. 25 years in the corporate world and 10 running my own full-time photography business. I've also spent 7 of those years teaching marketing courses part-time at a community college. As I sit in my office and look at the hundreds of books on my book shelves, business marketing books outnumber photography books 20 to 1. Most certainly that does not make me an expert at anything but I have crossed the marketing bridge a few times.

Over the past 35 years of my career there are some common themes that always seem to be present when it comes to strategic planning and marketing .... particularly with small businesses.

1. Understanding what your "product" really is. For most small business owners, they believe their products are the tangible items that they sell or the services that they offer. What they fail to understand is that the "product" is really themselves. I have known great photographers who do outstanding work but are not successful because nobody wants to work with them. They are arrogant, self-serving, difficult, and develop customer relationships on their own terms rather than a mutual win-win relationship. Conversely, I also know many photographers who do average work and are wildly successful. Humility seems to be the cornerstone of their success and what attracts customers to them.

2. Over the many years I have had the opportunity to ask business owners why they struggle or maybe why they are not as successful as they would like to be. They are very quick to point out all the extrinsic metrics which range from their competitors pricing, search engine optimization, the economy, web presence, and so on. Not suggesting that extrinsic metrics are not important. Just suggesting that there are most likely other issues that might better explain why a business might be struggling. Those that are successful tend to be highly focused on the intrinsic metrics which include their brand, public perception, and the process of winning the clients favor by building meaningful relationships. Again, humility plays a key role in this process as well listening, being brutally honest with yourself as it relates to your business, and resisting the temptation we all have to overly defend ourselves.

3. My final thought is the fact that launching a small business can be done in a matter of hours thanks to the world wide web. Many new business owners have the belief that all you need to do is "Throw it out there", have pretty site, and SEO...SEO...SEO and the clients will come flocking to you. As most of you know, it doesn't work that way. Successful businesses are built from the ground up on a strong foundation much like a skyscraper. The foundation is everything because it's what gives the building (your business) integrity.

So, before you start planning your next big marketing campaign you might want to consider spending some time focused inwardly at the foundation of your business. You just might find a few cracks that need to be repaired.

Since I'm from Illinois, I'll end with one of my favorite quotes from Abraham Lincoln. I think it is one of the most relevant quotes I have used to clarify the strategic planning process.

“Give me six hours to chop down a tree and I will spend the first four sharpening the axe.”
    Post edited by Kevin Krows on
    edited June 2015
    For those who like to read, here are a few of my favorite business books.

Positioning: The Battle for Your Mind
    http://www.amazon.com/Positioning-Battle-Your-Al-Ries/dp/0071373586/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434887015&sr=1-1&keywords=positioning

The 22 Immutable Laws of Branding
    http://www.amazon.com/The-22-Immutable-Laws-Branding/dp/0060007737/ref=pd_sim_14_2?ie=UTF8&refRID=13EYVZESWAZXN0PSQDKK

Blue Ocean Strategy, Expanded Edition: How to Create Uncontested Market Space and Make the Competition Irrelevant
    http://www.amazon.com/Blue-Ocean-Strategy-Expanded-Uncontested/dp/1625274491/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434887165&sr=1-1&keywords=blue+ocean+strategy

The Martha Rules: 10 Essentials for Achieving Success as You Start, Build, or Manage a Business
    (yes...I know she went to prison but that doesn't erase the fact the she is one of the best at building a brand)
    http://www.amazon.com/Martha-Rules-Essentials-Achieving-Business-ebook/dp/B009KSBFX4/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434887278&sr=1-1&keywords=Martha's+rules

Customer Satisfaction Is Worthless, Customer Loyalty Is Priceless: How to Make Customers Love You, Keep Them Coming Back and Tell Everyone They Know

http://www.amazon.com/Customer-Satisfaction-Worthless-Loyalty-Priceless/dp/188516730X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434887525&sr=1-1&keywords=Customers+for

Million Dollar Consulting
    (specific for the consulting industry but filled with great ideas for any small service business)
    http://www.amazon.com/Million-Dollar-Consulting-Alan-Weiss/dp/0071622101/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434887841&sr=1-1&keywords=million+dollar+consulting

Beating the Commodity Trap: How to Maximize Your Competitive Position and Increase Your Pricing Power
    http://www.amazon.com/Beating-Commodity-Trap-Maximize-Competitive/dp/1422103153/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1434888686&sr=1-1-spell&keywords=avoiding+the+commidty+trap

Every small business person should invest in good quality business books written by credible authors. Even one idea from a book, that can be used to improve your business, will justify the $15-$20 investment. It will also be a lot less than what Ahmed will charge you to become a "Global Powerhouse" using online media marketing. I do love his "Hook and Bait" strategy ...... "first i want to ask about your opinion about the expression ( online media marketing )" to engage potential clients.
    Post edited by Kevin Krows on