Redesigned Website

spiffypixspiffypix Member Posts: 16
Hello everyone -

I've been with Zenfolio for several years and I've recently redesigned my website. I would love it if you would take a look at my site and give me a critique of what works and what doesn't, regarding everything from flow, appearance, logo, font, color, etc. Thank you so much. Your critique will be a big help to me.

MKFphotos.com

Melanie :)

Comments

• Kevin FratesKevin Frates Member Posts: 9
    I think it looks outstanding Melanie. Those moody dramatic Sky photos especially drew my attention as well as that beautiful fox in your fauna collection. The only thing I would suggest is adding a little more about who you are. Perhaps add or link a blog to bring people back again in the future. Once you capture someone's attention it would be great to offer them something to keep them coming back. Just my 2 cents.
  • spiffypixspiffypix Member Posts: 16
    Thank you so much for the constructive feedback, Kevin. That is a very good idea about the blog/about me page. I'm not a good writer so that is why I don't have a lot on my about me page. Maybe I should hire someone to write for me. Thanks again!
  • robertKalbrobertKalb ViennaMember Posts: 35
    Beautiful pictures!
  • Photos By TwoPhotos By Two Member Posts: 1
    love your imagery
  • Love the simplicity of your site. It's easy to navigate and loads quickly. The size of the thumbnails are perfect for showcasing one gorgeous photo after another.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    I'm a bit thrown off by your selling strategy. You say that all images are for sale and to contact you.

Why do I need to contact you if I want to purchase something from your site or to get prices? I would suggest that you rethink this as if you were a customer visiting your site. Please understand that I am only trying to be objective and give you my honest feedback.

Maybe you could tell us what your intentions are by using an ecommerce web site like Zenfolio.
  • aperature4aperature4 Member Posts: 18
    I love your work and the redesign of your site looks great!

I love the simplicity that really showcases the images.

I would recommend that you start to work on your SEO now that your site looks great. You might not enjoy writing but blogging can really bump up your SEO. If you don't enjoy writing you could post once a week with photos and short description of the day, where and how you shot the amazing storm clouds. This will all help you with SEO in the long run.

You could also add descriptions to your images to help the Search Engines find them.

Once you are found you should be selling your work with a few clicks. I recommend setting up a price list to sell some of your beautiful photos.
  • rosetailrosetail Member Posts: 5
    Lovely! Both the website design, and the photos!
  • MACH PHOTOGRAPHYMACH PHOTOGRAPHY Member Posts: 11
    Melanie,
    I know I'm late to the game on this one. A few things things. Firstly, your photos are awesome! Truly. Secondly is there a reason you have a capitalized "Contact" link versus the other links that are all lower case? On your About page you have your email address written out in a weird way to avoid getting spam. I understand that, but as an alternative you could simply link back to your Contact page and avoid the weirdness of "melanie (((at))) spiffypix (((dot))) com." Google appreciates internal links. I hope this helps.
  • Marcus Reinkensmeyer Marcus Reinkensmeyer Scottsdale, ArizonaMember Posts: 24
    Melanie - Your new web design is first class and you have some very powerful images. M
    Marcus W. Reinkensmeyer