How to sell the first order of a picture for a higher price...

Hi,

I'd like to sell the first order of a picture for one price and the next order of the same picture for a lower price.

Or if a customer wants more copies in the same order of the same picture, let's say the first copy €20 and the next copies €5

Is there any way to achieve that?

Thanks

Comments

• ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 434
    I'm afraid there are no built in option that will allow you to do that automatically.

The closest that you can come to this would be by creating a coupon that applies a discount after the order has met a specific minimum amount. So for example, you can have the coupon be applicable after the client has added €20 worth of images to the cart.

Alternatively, you can also create packages that provide multiples of a specific product. Then set the price on the package so that a discount is provided for purchasing the multiple products in the package.
  • Izaskun ElduaIzaskun Eldua Member Posts: 2
    OK... I figured out a way of adding this using packages, not perfect but at least I can add more buying options, so that someone can buy e.g. 5 copies at once at a lower price.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,450
    Certainly, Zenfolio E-commerce leaves a lot to be desired. Everything is hinged to coupon codes or packages which, more of than not, are a hassle and cause confusion.

Example:

No dollar based volume discounts that automatically calculate in the shopping cart (20% off orders of $200 or more).

There are some selling features that are stuck in the Business Premium account (which will cost you an extra $150 per year). Why on earth would you want photographers to pay for sales and marketing features that they should already have or that are provided by other hosting services at no additional cost?

Example:

The ability to treat shipping costs as a part of your cost-of-goods sold thus allowing you to offer free shipping on all orders. You need the ability to customize the shipping method and set minimum orders to accomplish this (which is only available in the Premium Business account @$300/yr.
  • SueGSueG Member Posts: 47
    edited December 2015
    The top tier account does not allow customizable shipping methods to be linked with coupon uses, but it does allow discounted upgrades to next day fed ex air for certain price thresholds.

So if you have a coupon code for 100% off ground shipping, the client can and often does apply that code to a more expensive shipping method in the checkout process, and there is currently no way to prevent that even with the most expensive Zen service.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,450
    So, you can't create a customized shipping method, price it at $0, set a min. order of $XX.00, and still use a coupon code for a % off the product?
  • Terry MercerTerry Mercer East Tennessee, USAMember Posts: 22
    A client can only 'apply' one coupon at a time... but 'a coupon' can be applied to a package, so long as 'packages' are selected as one of the 4 viable options:

Prints and Products
    Digital Downloads
    Self-fulfilled Products
    Packages

There is nothing, other than in the PRODUCT setup, where a Zen account holder, can specify 'no shipping cost' for THAT ITEM... or different shipping sizes for the item.

As for the initial post question... the only answer I've found for that problem is PACKAGES... however, communicating to the client that they can save some money by stepping up to a package deal is sometimes the challenge. So, I have a '(2) of same' product for 4x6's, 5x7's, 8x10's, etc. as separate products... which do sometimes get used (though not as often as I thought they would).

Personally, I don't mess with the 'free shipping' stuff... tried, and have been burnt with the 'no shipping' on physical products, by people ordering from different states & different countries. Shipping is a hard cost... unless they pay cash in person, they will pay shipping... because even 'hand delivered' takes me out of my way most of the time, unless they wait until I'm at that venue again next week (and they contact me).