SEO advice on page layout

In your opinion, which layout would be best for SEO for individual folders?

On this section, I have the theme set to open the photo in it's own page when clicked from the gallery.
http://www.jrogdenphotography.com/autumn-scenes

On this section, I have the theme set to open the photo in the lightbox... does that hurt SEO? I thought it would be easier for people to see the photos quicker.
http://www.jrogdenphotography.com/portraits/maternity-and-newborn

Comments

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,457
    edited April 2015
    I'm not sure that it makes a difference as SEO is based on text such as captions, titles, tags, etc.
  • JROPhotosJROPhotos Member Posts: 16
    Right, but if you look at the 2nd URL it doesn't show titles, tags, captions, etc as the other one does.
    edited April 2015
    Did you just answer your own question? ;)
  • JROPhotosJROPhotos Member Posts: 16
    I'm not sure, I think that I'll experiment with one category and see how it works.
  • Images mean nothing to Google SEO, text is everything.

The recommendation is to make sure you use the keywords and captions and show them on every page, if they're set to hidden they are also hidden from SEO. Write captions for humans to read but ensure you use your page keywords in the captions too. There is much that Google don't tell us about how they rank pages so trial and error is needed. Also note that it can take weeks or even months for changes you make to become reflected in your site rankings so its best to make small gradual changes. If it's a new site it may take much longer then you would like for it to begin ranking well enough to be easily found too.
    Shoot Geografpix .... this game isn't fun when you give away the answers all the time. :)