Zenfolio - Why offer me something I can not have??

Dear Zenfolio

I received this in my email last week:

QUESTION: Why send me this when my account dose "NOT" allow me to add this feature?? I have just waisted 30 min's of my time trying to add this, I'm not to impressed at all. This is the second time I have had to deal with issue's like this and it's wearing thin!

At my level of account I can not see why this feature is not standard?

I'm a LONG term customer that's starting to question if I stay with you...

Regards ..

G6 Photography

Comments

• g6photographyg6photography Member Posts: 6
    Also why am I not given the feature to watermark at my account level. I paid for the upper level account for 2 years and only ever sold one image so had no choice but to down grade. As a suggestion can we not have bolt ons to our accounts that allow these features?

Regards

G6 Photography
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    I can certainly understand your main point however wasn't it obvious to you that you didn't have this as a part of your package when the settings menus were grayed out or omitted?

The BIGGER PICTURE for Zenfolio is that they need to reevaluate what they include in their various package levels. It makes absolutely no "common sense" to exclude selling features from ecommerce packages PERIOD! For example, why would anyone want to upgrade from Premium to Business Premium for $150 more per year so they simplify the shipping method for their clients or require a minimum order. Anyone upgrading and paying an extra $150 so they can have access to Miller's Lab (which is the same thing as MPIX and MPIX Pro - Millers owns them) is just tossing money out the window.

Isn't it a better strategy to give photographers all of the sales and marketing tools they need to effectively grow their business? Isn't it a better strategy to offer other premium labs like Bay Photo or WHCC to create a competitive playing field on the cost of products. Millers/MPIX/MPIXPro has held us hostage long enough!!

There are soooooo many A-B-C and 1-2-3 issues with Zenfoilo as it relates to sales and marketing I could spit nails. None ..... I mean NONE of them require the development team to spend 3-4 years developing. In fact, most could be done in 3-4 minutes.
  • g6photographyg6photography Member Posts: 6
    Unfortunately I spent the time following the instructions for Instagram and Linkedin, after that you get to the greyed out section.

Completely Agree:
    The BIGGER PICTURE for Zenfolio is that they need to reevaluate what they include in their various package levels.
  • PeterZenPeterZen Administrator Posts: 53
    Thank you for the input!

As always, we are listening very closely to all feedback and suggestions from all customers! We especially appreciate suggestions (like this one) regarding what features should be included in specific account levels.

A detailed account comparison can be seen at this link.
    Peter
    Zenfolio Support
  • PeterZenPeterZen Administrator Posts: 53
    A quick clarification on this - the Instagram and LinkedIn options are available at the Unlimited account level. If you are still having trouble adding them, please don't hesitate to contact support@zenfolio.com for help.

And to reiterate, if you have suggestions as to what should be included in the various account levels, please post them here! While we may not be able to implement all of them, we are listening closely to your feedback.

Thank you!
    Peter
    Zenfolio Support
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    edited June 2015
    @PeterZen - Here's what leaves me hanging between Premium vs Premium Business

 Complete control over pending orders
     Adding promotional prints or products to pending orders
     Define your own shipping method and shipping charge
     Set order minimums per price list

Why would you want to keep these tools from Premium Account Holders? These are marketing, sales, and customer relationship tools which are used to help us increase business. They should not be held hostage for an additional $160.00 per year. Anything that helps us grow our business with our clients is something that Zenfolio should be very interested in. That is, of course, assuming you are interested in 10% of my business revenues vs collecting $160.00 per year which is nothing more than a thorn in my foot. I'm at the Business Premium level only for these 4 things and a lower commission charge.