Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Galleries on home page

I am wondering if there is any options that will let the homepage have galleries displayed instead of pictures form a gallery? For example I would like the homepage to display galleries with head shots, portraits and events.

Martina

Comments

• StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 609
    edited June 2015
    There are some directory style layouts if you want to use those. These will display thumbnails for your groups and galleries instead of using a homepage slideshow.

You can change your layout to one of these by being in your Edit View's Dashboard and going to:
    - My Zenfolio > Customize Visitor View
    - Layout
    - Scroll to the bottom to find the directory style ones.
  • Foto BillFoto Bill Member Posts: 2
    edited June 2015
    I am a newbie, so far most of zen sucks, I wanted my visitor to be be thumnails with numbers or file names. So I can edit what clients selects....other that a favorites box, not able to set this up like I want, may go back to my last hosting service. zen was quick to reply when on my trial, as soon as I sign up, no reply from an issue
  • Foto BillFoto Bill Member Posts: 2
    I see the view for frontpage, but client viewing of password protected I do not see how to change the view
  • StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 609
    Foto Bill said:

I am a newbie, so far most of zen sucks, I wanted my visitor to be be thumnails with numbers or file names. So I can edit what clients selects....other that a favorites box, not able to set this up like I want, may go back to my last hosting service. zen was quick to reply when on my trial, as soon as I sign up, no reply from an issue

If you have any unanswered questions, please don't hesitate to reach back out to our support team at [email protected]

They'll be more than happy to help.
  • Colin PurringtonColin Purrington Swarthmore, Pennsylvania (USA)Member Posts: 5
    I'm trying to display galleries with titles on my homepage ... but when I follow these directions (from above):
    - My Zenfolio > Customize Visitor View
    - Layout
    - Scroll to the bottom to find the directory style ones.
    I get a blank homepage. Thanks for any help.
  • Douglas_StinsonDouglas_Stinson Member Posts: 1
    I have the same desire and problem as Colin Purrington. I select one of the directory layouts, but nothing but the menu apears on the page -- no galleries. Is there a missing step?
  • AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi Douglas!

When using the Directory style layout, the option to show the All Photographs group needs to be set to show in Options > Page Elements.

Alternatively, you could show galleries with titles by using one of the two Fullscreen with photo grid layouts, and making the grid content display a Group. This will display each of the galleries in that group as a thumbnail on the homepage. You could then set the titles of each gallery to show in Options > Thumbnails tab > Titles: Show. You could also change how the titles are then shown on the thumbnail by changing the Text & button placement behavior from the dropdown menu in Options > Thumbnails tab.

If you have any other questions about this, please do not hesitate to reach out to our Support Team!