How important are uniqe Alt Attributes in terms of SEO

Hi All,

In terms of SEO how important is it to have a unique Alt-Attribute tag. At the moment my Alt-Attributes are the same as my Image Titles. I think it would make sense in terms of SEO to have a different Alt so Google spiders have more data to crawl.....

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• James C PhotographyJames C Photography Member Posts: 3
    I would like to know too.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,457
    edited July 2015
    In the grand scheme of things, I believe Alt Attributes are not as critical as you are making them out to be. My understanding is that they provide an "Alternative" Attribute in the event that a person using the internet has something that limits their ability or is in someway different than the way most people today access the internet. About the only good example of that would be someone who still accesses the internet with a dial-up modem and has off the chart slow connection speeds.

My general take on SEO is that they have never purchased anything from me nor has an SEO hired me to do a job for them. People buy from me and people hire me. As such, PSO is far more important. CSO isn't too far behind that.

PSO = People Skills Optimization.
    CSO = Communication Skills Optimization