Email Gathering For Marketing

Okay, we all know the importance of marketing (that's why you're in the section obviously) but I'm sort of struggling here with the Email Gathering thing. We need to capture details of those who are viewing our website/blog. The Blog being the more specific issue. I'm trying to create leads by creating interesting blogs but the problem lies in the fact that I can ask anyone to subscribe to my blogs for more awesome posts, because you can only get their email address by getting them to visit a gallery that has that function activated. Which is a bit poo.

Now, I'll I'm asking for is a way of activating that on any of my blog posts, so that I can keep them up-to-speed on all the awesome stuff I have planned.

Comments

• PeterZenPeterZen Administrator Posts: 53
    Thanks for the great suggestion, it's a good idea!

It will be passed on to our product development team for their consideration. We also have a special Feature Request forum that helps us track which features our customers are looking for.

Please feel free to add your suggestions (or vote on this one, since this has been requested before). You can do that at this link.
    Peter
    Zenfolio Support
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    edited July 2015
    Well, there are a handful of email marketing suggestions already on the Feature Request Voting System that were posted 3-4 years ago and haven't got much traction from the Development Team.

For Example:

Email Marketing Campaigns and Templates - Suggested March 7, 2011 / Planned on July 27, 2012
    613 Users Have Voted for this (Top 10 feature request)

Send email from my domain - Suggested February 20, 2011 / Not even under Review
    1285 Users Have Voted for this. (#2 ranked feature request)

With all due respect Peter, Zen Developers haves no plans, or intentions, for doing anything to advance Email Marketing features beyond what it is today. At least the facts would support that conclusion.
  • linapham109linapham109 Member Posts: 1
    which app is the best programe for email marketing ? mailchimp, icontact or get respond

wordpress education theme
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    Microsoft Outlook - Create contact groups. It will also log the history of your email communication with clients in each of the individual contacts you have in outlook. You can export your contacts in a csv file out of Zenfolio and then import them into Outlook. If you use a private domain you should have no issues shooting off a group email of a few hundred emails.