Home page layout questions

I currently have Cratos as my site preset. I have been trying to see if instead of a slideshow on the homepage, I can get a square grid which shows each gallery (showing an image and title of gallery which is clickable)
If I change the layout to the thumbnail view with menu on the left, the slide show doesn't show up, but I can't figure out how to get what I'm looking for.

I have been checking all of the presets and I don't see any that fit or that I can change to do what I'd like to see.

Do I need to create a completely custom homepage?

Anyone have any suggestions.

Comments

• StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 609
    You can setup your homepage layout to have either a slideshow content area or have a dynamic grid layout.

Also, there are some classic layouts that offer both if that's what you're looking for, but the grid becomes thumbnails below the slideshow.

You can see more on customizing your homepage here. If you need any further help, feel free to reach out to our support team at this page.
  • Thank you. It appears that I would need to write the code to do what I want, as the only options are a single image, or a slide show.
  • @StephenZen Is there going to be any updates in the future where we can mix and max layouts similar to the functionality we have with customizing the themes?

I would like to have more options available to customize the homepage without having to jump into CSS on custom pages to make it happen
  • StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 609
    I don't know if there are any plans to add these in the future, but definitely head over to our user voice forum to suggest this. I can pass along the info to our design team, too. :smile:
  • shellgeerphotoshellgeerphoto Member Posts: 1
    Hi there, I am curious if this issue has been address? More specifically, I'd like to use the same layout on my home page for the rest of my galleries.

For example, my home page layout is "Full screen with sidebar and photo grid."
    I'd like for each one of my menu items to simply change the grid content to the corresponding gallery.

Is this possible?
    Thank you,
    Michelle
    www.shellgeer.com