Blog and Facebook & Instagram integration

I have seen some very nice blog integration with Facebook posts & Instagram post in some blog templates (like Wordpress Canvas) . But I struggle to get any linkage done in my zenfolio blog .. how can I integrate a view / group / gallery on what I have posted on Instragram & facebook

in addition , I really really miss a hand blog entry creation app in IOS

Bjoern

Comments

• StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 608
    We don't have any features that directly tie your blog in with your social media accounts, so any sharing of your blog posts will need to be done manually by sharing the link to the post in those social media accounts.

In terms of an app where you can create a quick blog post, the Zenfolio app for iOS and Android will actually do that.
  • hmm ; how do I blog from the app with adding content or links which are not already in my galleries ? Maybe missed that point

thanks

bjoern
  • StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 608
    The quick blog post feature in the Zenfolio app is really designed to just share a quick image on the blog. There are some fields that you can enter data into, though.

You can use the Title and Caption field when doing a quick blog post to get some additional information displayed. Although, this is really designed for short information about the image itself.
  • re:We don't have any features that directly tie your blog in with your social media accounts

That is a problem. Everything has to be promoted through social media. I recently (this week) started using Zenfolio for my website because I want all of my social media posts to lead back to my Zenfolio shopping site. Naturally, I will use the Zen blog because clicking on the images I post in the blog will take people directly to my shopping cart.
    I think you should make the changes necessary to immediately promote blog posts to all of the various social media outlets so we can all make some money with our work.
    Cut and paste options don't showcase the photography correctly (or at all!) and our images are the compelling thing that will get someone to click and click to the shopping pages.

Thank you
    -Bill Anderson
  • JD:     LamontJD: Lamont Member Posts: 1
    How can you possibly not have a direct link to facebook from the Blog? This is incredible. Please get his fixed!!! how hard can it be?
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 511
    As mentioned previously, we don't have a built in way to automatically export your blog posts to Facebook or other social media outlets.

However, you can use a third party service to pull the RSS feed from your blog to automatically post your blog updates to Facebook.

Here is one of those services - http://twitterfeed.com/

This is just one company that offers this service. Feel free to use any other service that can automatically update Facebook using your blog's RSS feed.

See this link for more details on the RSS feeds - http://goo.gl/huJ9nd
  • I am still stunned that after posting recommendations for over a year into the zenfolio support that nothing has happened to a very basic & low function blog implementation. IF zenfolio wants to be the preferred site for photographers, how can the company ignore that today's communication with clients & audience is happening via social media & blogging ???

The current not existing blog functions are forcing people to maintain two platforms ... hence reducing greatly the benefit of zenfolio to be my photo media hub.

Examples:

- no facebook / instagram linkage (show my last posts) as in wordpress
    - no clip function in a browser or app , no quick re-blogging of other content
    - each photo need to be imported into zenfolio first before it can be used
    - very restricted layout for left or right side of the text
    etc etc

Hope this changes one day or I am forced to jump ship sadly as the blog functionality seems to be a NON topic at zenfolio . Even confirmed by the company president at Salon Photo in Paris I am afraid to say .

Bjoern
  • We don't have any features that directly tie your blog in with your social media accounts, so any sharing of your blog posts will need to be done manually by sharing the link to the post in those social media accounts.

In terms of an app where you can create a quick blog post, the Zenfolio app for iOS and Android will actually do that.

How do I create a quick blog post on the Android app? Please help. Thank you, Naz.
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 511
    To create a quick blog post using the Android Zenfolio app for photographers, navigate to a gallery in the app. Then tap on an image to highlight the image.

Tap the menu icon in the top right of the screen to display the menu.
    Choose Quick Blog post from the menu items.

• SikoSiko Raleigh, NCMember Posts: 37
    edited March 24
    Is anyone out there using the Zenfolio quick blog post feature with success exclusively for seo ? I was wondering if it's worth it to write in quick post mode vs writing full posts with more text/info.
    I'd much rather post a few images everyday (with brief descriptions & a couple keywords included) then have to try and post up a new paragraph on my Zen blog every other day to get my new content found by Google in a timely manner...
    :)
  • SikoSiko Raleigh, NCMember Posts: 37
    edited March 24
    For comparison, today I am ranked on page 2 of Google for "my city, wedding photography". I am consistently ranked on page 1 for other top search terms relevant to my markets interest which is really really awesome!
    Thus far, I am mostly pleased with Zen blog platforms performance in helping maintain my website visibility on Google.
    That being said I think that I am now stuck in the trap of having to post several kinda lengthy articles a week on my Zen Blog just to maintain these top spots and OH MY GOD I am getting burnt out on writing about photography. I would rather be out shooting then writing about it.
    My hope is that maybe the new "quick blog post feature" would allow me to maintain my status in page rankings by posting smaller sizes of (quality ) content more often vs having to pen and post longer articles on my current posting schedule. Is this possible?
    Anyone else out there feel this way or am I just getting lazy ?
    :)
    Thank you in advance for your thoughts and comments!