Long time Zenfolio user wondering if it's still right for me

I'd appreciate your honest opinions and suggestions. I've been with Zenfolio for years and very satisfied. But after moving to Traverse City, MI, my business has changed. You can't toss a rock up here without hitting another great photographer and portrait/wedding photographers are a dime a dozen. So my business has shifted more towards graphic arts: advertising layouts, graphic designs, illustrations, etc. (feel free to visit my website to see examples at www.debperrystudio.com)

I'm not sure if Zenfolio is still right for me. It's still a wonderful showcase of my work as an online gallery. But since I don't sell many fine art or stock photos, or use it for portrait/wedding package sales, it's not a driving force to reach new clients. And I need new clients!

Is there a better way for me to use Zenfolio to make it a more active way to reach clients?
Am I missing something or not using it to it's full extent?
Should I search for a different web host?
Or perhaps I'm just expecting too much from a website?
Marketer, heal thyself!

Thanks!
Deb

Comments

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,450
    Hello Deb -

Zenfolio's starter plan at $60 is a good solution for a portfolio and proofing site. For $60/yr it's very hard to beat and all you would need to do is downgrade your account 30 days before your renewal date.

BTW ... have a place in Ludington, MI and have been vacationing there for 56 years. Your right .... a ton of great photographers in your neck of the woods.