Legacy Accounts and new features

Hello All,

I'm currently in the legacy "Premium" account level which matches up currently with the "Pro" account feature wise. My question is if there is new feature added to the Pro level will I also get that feature or must I switch over and incur the new cost structure to take advantage of anything new. With all the issues going on lately with no end in site I'm considering options and if I have to switch levels and get hit with the much higher costs that will weight greatly on my decision.

Thank you,
Barry

Answers

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,439
    Send an email directly to support. Users can't officially answer that question.
  • Barry CruverBarry Cruver Lehighton, PAMember Posts: 33
    I did receive a reply when I sent an email. General account or site improvements that are added in the future will also be available with the corresponding legacy plans. Feature enhancements planned in the future will only be available to current plans. Not what I was hoping for, have to see how this plans out before my next renewal.
  • Geografpix PhotographyGeografpix Photography Member Posts: 164
    edited January 2016
    In other words they are going to effectively force people on legacy plans to upgrade to their hugely increased prices. Staying on a legacy plan will effectively end up as subscription to crippleware. Yep, that's how they reward loyal customers at Zenfolio. Just when I dared to think things might begin to improve at Zenfolio too.

This sort of poor service from Zenfolio (and not unheard of with other competing sites) others makes returning to developing my own site look more attractive all the time. It's more work at the beginning but not having to suffer all the rubbish Zenfolio has dragged us through over the last year is looking better and better.
    Post edited by Geografpix Photography on
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,439
    I guess I look at it a bit differently. If the current features of your legacy plan works for you and the new features are not worth the increased price then simply don't upgrade. I think it is reasonable for Zenfolio to charge more for features that are added in the future especially when they don't force you to upgrade if those features don't add any value to your business.

Over the past 3 months I have done a comprehensive review of other hosting services based on what I value most.

>Unlimited Storage
    >Feature rich web development tools and customization
    >Good ecommerce platform for selling prints and digital images.
    >Integrated labs and merchant credit card program.
    >Labs that make great prints and are attentive to packaging and shipping details.
    >Responsive customer support via email (1-2 hours)
    >Stable Ownership and well capitalized financially.
    >Stable platform

Based on my review which included in enrolling in 14 day trial periods, Zenfolio still had the best offering and price based on what I value most. The only thing that was missing was the Stable Platform which appears to improved (time will only tell). I would encourage those with concerns to do the same analysis as I did. I think you may be surprised with what you learn an value what you have a little bit more.