Setting a 6x6 grid up dynamically and allowing one thumbnail to be direct to a URL

Hi all,

I am trying to create a dynamic 6x6 grid of 6 separate galleries on my homepage however the only way I have managed to contain it in a 6x6 manner is to make the page fixed width. Having done this the menu at the top now seems to overhang to the right and I can't seem to find how to alter this so it falls in line with the images. Idealy I would want a dynamic site so that the 6x6 grid would fill the page and the header with logo and menu would also be dynamic and fit in line with the 6x6 gallery grid. Also, I would ideally like to have one of the thumbnails not leading through to a gallery but to a separate URL (I have a separate weddings site just solely focusing on just weddings).

Please let me know how i can achive this?

Many thanks

Toby

Comments

• StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 609
    By default the grid content on your homepage will dynamically adjust to the size of the browser. This sounds like what you're seeing.

Another option may be to create a custom page with a 6x6 table that you're wanting to show. Then you could use this custom page as your homepage instead.

You can see more about creating custom pages here.

And how to set this custom page as your homepage here.
  • RoxphotographyRoxphotography Member Posts: 5

I am trying to create a dynamic 6x6 grid of 6 separate galleries on my homepage however the only way I have managed to contain it in a 6x6 manner is to make the page fixed width. Having done this the menu at the top now seems to overhang to the right and I can't seem to find how to alter this so it falls in line with the images...

Toby,

Would you mind sharing either which template you're using or how you're creating your 6x6 grid? I've been trying to figure out how to do something that sounds pretty similar to what you're working on. The only solution I've come up with has been to create a custom page and coding it myself, but that leaves me stuck with the 966 maximum page width limitation that Zenfolio has (seemingly) arbitrarily established for Custom Pages.

Thanks,
    Dave
  • markhamstevenmarkhamsteven Member Posts: 2
    The page width issue is a serious flaw, for what is a great product!