Pro vs Advanced Plans (Really Zenfolio??)

Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,439
1. Advanced subscription is $120 more per year.
2. Pro and Advanced are both E-commerce Subscriptions
3. Advanced has all of the features of the Pro Plan but includes the following additional features:

Miller's Lab Features:
• Sell Miller's products
• Boutique Packaging
• Shipping directly to studio
These are all features you can get if you open a direct account with Miller's and it does cost a thing. These are also "standard" features by other Labs that focus on professional photographers and they don't charge a subscription fee to use them either.

E-Commerce Features:
• Events Management
• Live Chat support
• Telephone support
• Fully editable orders
• Adding promotional products
• Your own shipping methods
• Enforcing order minimums
• Exporting orders to Lightroom

Large Company (Multiple Photographers ) Features:
• Assistant accounts
• Multi-user access
Lower service fees (2% less) 1/26/16 both plans both have 7% of sale price as service fee.

Questions:

1. How many of you would upgrade your plans just to get the benefit of selling Miller Lab Products?

Answer:

None of you! Why would you pay $120 for something that is already FREE?

2. How many of you would upgrade your accounts to get the Large Company Features?

Answer:

You would only upgrade if you needed multiple accounts and could justify the additional $120 per year in cost with additional gross margin.

3. How many of you would upgrade your plan to Get the additional Ecommerce Features?

Answer:

None of you! E-commerce features help build business not only for the photographer but also for Zenfolio (commissions) and their lab partners (print revenue). Why should we have to pay $120 for that?

Live Chat isn't 24/7/365 .... it's only 4 days per week and only available during certain hours. Email support is 24/7/365 and is outstanding if not the best in the industry.

Fully editable orders allows us to change or correct errors that may have been made when the client placed the order. Being able to edit the order saves us from contacting support to have them do it for us or to cancel the order. This reduces cost for Zenfolio Support Staff. We should pay $120 extra to help them be more efficient because????????

4. Finally, how many of you would upgrade your subscription and take advantage of all the additional features?

Answer:

Only large photography companies that have 2-5000000000000 photographers and need each of them to have accounts would view this as a "NO BRAINER" decision (no restriction as to the number of accounts you can have). Heck ....... it's a steal of a deal compared to all of the other hosting services many of whom charge for additional accounts on a "per account" basis. ($300 plus $25 per user account for example)

Summary Conclusion:

The Advanced Plan is for Large E-commerce Photography Companies with multiple photographers. However, Zenfolio puts key E-commerce features, that Pro Plan Users NEED, and holds them hostage to help subsidize the Advanced Subscription Plan base. AGAIN, the ecommerce features being held hostage are those that help increase business and reduce cost through efficiency for EVERYONE in our BUSINESS PARTNERSHIP!
Post edited by Kevin Krows on

Comments

• aperature4aperature4 Member Posts: 18
    The Advanced account allows you to access Live chat support.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,439
    @aperature4 - and your point is?????????????????????????
    I have updated my summary to include the recent change in the new 7% sales commission fee introduced a few days ago for both Pro and Advanced accounts.
  • aperature4aperature4 Member Posts: 18
    Hi Kevin, I was only trying to help add some info. I wasn't trying to be rude at all. Sorry if it came off that way.
    I've updated the summary. The Advanced account now includes telephone support in addition to Live Chat.
  • Bonzer PhotosBonzer Photos Member Posts: 44
    Telephone support is not worth paying for if you are one of the many customers from outside of the US
    Good point @Bonzer Photos - And what if don't speak english?
  • Mike TruttMike Trutt Member Posts: 1
    I'm finding it nearly impossible to set up a site on Zenfolio. The e-mail support is decently responsive, but wildly inefficient since it can take several days of back and forth just to clarify what the questions are. I'm realizing that I may be forced to pay the higher price for the "Advanced" account, just so I can get a human on the phone.

So, for this reason, the Advanced account might be worth the extra money: I can't get a working website otherwise.
    Mike - How long have you been with Zenfolio?
  • McCartyMcCarty Member Posts: 28
    My problem is, I have no idea what plan I have. It says my account level is Millers Storefront. Don't see that plan listed. I pay $250yr. Don't see that price in any plan. I have all the features of the advanced plan, except I don't see a phone number to call. What does that mean? I agree with the OP, seems we pay for Zen to make money off our product. I'm ok with the $250, but I can't see paying $110 more for them to continue to make $ off my product.
  • Kris HankeKris Hanke Member Posts: 5
    I agree with OP. In fact the layouts and capabilities on Zenfolio have kinda fallen behind to justify that increase imo
  • McCartyMcCarty Member Posts: 28
    I may be part of a small percentage of members her with a plan called "Millers Storefront $250yr" but I am confused and nervous about the future. Per my conversation with Zen customer service, my current plan is the same as the Advanced plan. Except I can't get phone support. REALLY? Why keep just one thing from me? We know why. To get me to upgrade. So my plan isn't really like the Advanced plan is it. It looks like my service fees will go down though. 10% to 7%. except for self-fulfilled which will go from 0% to 7%. I think. I don't do much self-fulfilled so it won't matter much.
    Per Zen CS, my plan will remain $250yr and keep the same features after renewal. Which is in April. But what about after that? Will it stay. Past users experienced something different. Will all the check marks in the Advanced features column stay for me after April? Sure the price stays. But they don't actually have a plan called Millers Storefront. So I guess they could do anything. After all, they didn't keep phone support in my plan. Maybe they decide to take something like order approval away from me.
    And after today, the 30% off upgrade fee will expire.
  • saharmalusaharmalu Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2016
    I may be part of a small percentage of members her with a plan called "Millers Storefront $250yr" but I am confused and nervous about the future. Per my conversation with Zen customer service, my current plan is the same as the Advanced plan. Except I can't get phone support. REALLY? Why keep just one thing from me? We know why. To get me to upgrade. So my plan isn't really like the Advanced plan is it. It looks like my service fees will go down though. 10% to 7%. except for self-fulfilled which will go from 0% to 7%. I think. I don't do much self-fulfilled so it won't matter much.
    edited May 2016
    @saharmalu - First, you don't need to put large graphics in your posts to get attention. Please stop!

Second, you are indeed on a VERY OLD legacy plan which you have most likely have been paying the same price for when it was released 10 years ago.

Third, YES your plan is closer to resembling the Advanced Plan. But there are many more bells and whistles to the Advanced plan than what you are currently getting. If you account for ALL of the features (including phone support) it will cost you an additional $120.00. If these things are not important to you, go with the pro plan and save yourself $10 a year. Either way, your commission rate will be lower at 7%.

Fourth, the reason self-fulfilled went from 0%-7% is because they are trying to encourage you to buy through their vendors. "Zenfolio will take orders from your clients and forward them to you. You will collect payments directly from your customers, fulfill orders, and provide customer service." Again, this was something they felt they were loosing money on OR it was just easier to say 7% on everything. Either case, it is what it is. Understand that nobody likes increases in anything (considering how difficult things still are economically).

Take time to evaluate the features of the Pro and Advanced accounts as they compare to your old legacy Millers Storefront and make the best decision that's right for you. Asking for features to be added to your account for free (while others are paying for it) is not a fare request in my opinion.

https://secure.zenfolio.com/us/z/product/features/by-plan

Good luck in making a good decision, Saharmalu!
    Post edited by Kevin Krows on