Hi does anyone know if it is possible to link "Paypal" to my site? Not linked to any one gallery, but a way of payment and emailing me their requests. Have the Paypal logo, so customers can click on it and pay.

• GillyGilly UKMember Posts: 7
    Thanks Kevin, will have a read up.
    Ok I've had a read. It's not what I am looking for. I don't want a shopping cart and set prices on a particular print or gallery. I just want a Paypal Button on my site. Customers would email me their requirements, I let them know the price. They would then click the Paypal button and pay. Does anyone know if this is possible?
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,459
    OK. Read about adding your own merchant account or PayPal account under the Advanced Level Account.

I suppose you could create a navigation link in your main site navigation and have it link out to your Pay Pal account as well. I'm really confused as to why you want to do it that way but that's beside the point I guess.
    Hi Kevin, thanks for your quick response. I cover events and want to sell digital images rather then prints etc....and depending how many the client wants, will depend the price. Does that make sense to you?
    I have a Premium UK plan just realized they've changed the plans. Is that the same as a Pro or Advanced?
  • StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 608
    @Gilly Your Premium UK plan is the equivalent to the new Pro plan.
    edited February 2016
    That makes absolute sense and the Premium plan was changed to Pro several months ago.

I still don't get why you don't want to use a price sheet, want to have a link to your personal PayPal account, have the client go through the hassle of sending you an email, etc. Frankly, why are you even using a Zenfolio Ecommerce website if that's how you want your business workflow to operate? Personally, I wouldn't do business with you no matter how good your images are because your business practice is unorthodox and suspicious.

I'm a full-time sports photographer and cover over 250 events per year. I've been doing it for over 10 years so it's not my first rodeo. @Gilly , here's what I would do:

1. Create a single personal use download (one size only ... the size you upload to create your galleries).
    2. Create a price sheet that only has the single download. Make sure that your settings automatically fill orders for digital files so the customer can download them immediately after they pay for them.
    3. Create a Coupon good for 20% off on orders of $100.00 or more. Coupon expires 1 week from the event. You can promote the coupon code by including it as one of the images in the gallery itself (maybe it's the first image in the gallery). Just remember to remove it when it expires.
    4. Get your images on-line the morning after the event. Nobody wants to wait 3-4 days to see their images.
    5. Your customers can use whatever payment option they are most comfortable with. Major Credit Card or PayPal (but not your personal account).

Your done. No hassle for you or your customer. They pay, they get, and you sit back and let the Zen e-commerce system make you money.

Feel free to tell me why this doesn't work for you.

Post edited by Kevin Krows on
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 513
    Just to clarify, you do not need to set up a Paypal pay button to collect payment when selling Digital Download products. You also do not need to set up a merchant account. Your account includes the ability to sell the Digital Downloads directly to your clients through your galleries.

When set up, your site visitors can view the images in your site and choose their desired images. They can then add the images to the cart and purchase downloads of those images. They can choose to pay for the downloads using a credit card or Paypal. The order will then be fulfilled automatically with a special link sent to them for downloading just the images that they've ordered.

Here is the basic outline of the steps needed for this:

Create the Digital Download products
    Add the Products to a Price List
    Set the Prices on those products
    Assign or make sure that the Price list is already assigned to the galleries that holds the photos that you want to sell

You can see a step by step guide on creating the digital download products here.

If you haven't already created a Price List, see this link for how to create a new blank price list.
    @Gilly - You still there????????
  • Brittany MinorBrittany Minor Member Posts: 2
    Maybe they want this method to accept payment for session fees in addition to prints or digital files? That's what I would like to be able to do.