To blog or not to blog

aperature4aperature4 Member Posts: 18
Do you even Blog, bro?

We all know we should be blogging. It shows your clients that you can create decent work on a regular basis and helps your SEO. Why don't we blog? For me personally, I dislike writing about my own photos and work. I can write about your work or a product but I can't seem to open up about my own work.

I have been challenging myself to blog. I think you should challenge yourself to post a blog once a week. Then once a day. It doesn't have to be a long winded write up, it could be anything.

http://philrittiphotography.zenfolio.com/blog

Comments

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,454
    "We all know we should be blogging. It shows your clients that you can create decent work on a regular basis and helps your SEO."

1. No. We should not ALL be blogging. We should be focusing on developing clients and creating quality images for them.

2. An SEO has NEVER purchased anything with me in the 10 years I have been in business as a full time photographer.
  • aperature4aperature4 Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for your input Kevin.

For my type of work I need my work to be found by potential clients. By blogging, I am trying to boost my SEO. If my work is found on search engines I will have more chances to book gigs. As soon as I deliver my edited work to my clients I pull one or 5 of the images to post on my blog. A blog is a great way to show potential clients that you can create great work on an ongoing basis.

Blogging is not more important than shooting and delivering work to your clients. I like to blog as a break from editing. I simply use the quick blog post from the Zenfolio App.

I have been trying to research the best practices for blogging.