Image sizing

I mostly do senior photography and when I edit I use my creative eye to crop using a variety of sizes ie..square or wide width for environmental portraits. When my customers order prints they struggle with this having to crop to meet the specific frame size they wish to purchase. I just hate the idea a cropping everything to 8x10 as it may not fit the creative aspect the image needs. Wondering if anyone has any tips or advice? thanks Mary

Comments

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    Mary --

First, for the type of work you do, a 4:5 ratio crop is a good one to use as it has little impact on 5x7, 11x14, and wallets. The real problem is your square crops. I would suggest you create a separate gallery for square crops and then assign a price sheet that only offers 1:1 ratio print sizes.

For portraits, I would not offer any 2:3 ratio print products so now you have minimized the problem. I also suggest that you don't allow customers to make changes to the crops using the crop tool. This helps you retain the creative control that is important to you and your business.