Triggered Emails

Struggling to find the best use of triggered emails... any suggestions/examples of emails you send out?

Answers

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,436
    @LorieLynPhotography

First, let's review the triggers that are available:

•When the client signs in to a gallery via Visitor Sign In.
    •When they create a Client Account under your site.
    •When they create a new Favorites list.
    •When they share a Favorites list with you.
    •When they place an order in your site.
    •When they enter their email address into your Contact Page.

Second, let's think like your customers think. What will they perceive as a junk mail or information that is of no value. Make a list of information that your customers will value or that is important for them to know. Now, put those under the corresponding triggers. For example, you may want to create a "Welcome" message and offer to answer any questions they have personally by calling, texting, or emailing you. You could place that under the trigger when a person Creates a New Client Account. Another example would be a very humble thank you for a clients order and an offer to contact you personally if they have any problems with their prints. Maybe a reminder that your lab offers a 100% quality guarantee on all prints.

Lorie, I wouldn't overdue the triggered emails. I would, however, build a marketing communications plan around regular monthly emails that are sent to all of your registered users. I send out one email per month letting my clients know how many new galleries I created the previous month and then provide them a link to my Featured Galleries which have all the events I have shot in the past month. I also run promotions on specific products to create awareness and interest. For example, I sell a 1800 pixel personal use download on my site and last July I ran a 50% off promotion on just PUD's. (Had to change the price in the price sheet to do that since Zenfolio does have a way to promote specific products with a coupon).

At the end of the day, it's what you feel is best to support the relationships you have with your clients. It takes some hard work on your part to figure out what the right mix is. What works for someone else may be a big mistake for you.

Hope this helps.