Setting up a new product with customizable options

Hi,

I am trying to set up new products/price lists for prints that I will self fulfill, not through a Zenfolio-preferred vendor.

I can set up a new product (i.e. an 8x10 gloss print), but what if I want to allow a customer to select this print, then have the option to have it mounted? I cannot seem to find a way to do that. Do I have to make a whole new product listed as "8x10 gloss print w/foam mounting)? If so, that will take forever, as the lab I use offers that options for almost all of their prints.

Or, do I just need to add the product (8x10 gloss print) and on the checkout or buy page state that mounting can be done for xx amount of dollars more?

Hopefully these questions are making sense.

Thanks
Shoot the world as you see it.

Comments

• ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 502
    To provide options for Self Fulfilled products, it will require creating a separate product for the option. So in this case, you would have a Self Fulfilled product for the 8X10 gloss print, then have another Self Fulfilled product for the 8X10 gloss print with mounting.
  • Are there any plans to add these type of options to the new purchase experience at some future date? My desired use case is simpler than the above, as it would not involve maintaining different purchase prices for the options (I'm assuming the poster would be charging more to add mounting). For me it would be a single product, with all variations the same price; it would just give the customer a way to specify additional information. For example, a Product could be "8x12 matted print" at a single price point, but I'd like the customer to be able to choose between White or Black mat.