Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Optimal Viewing Dimensions

Jessica Walker PhotographyJessica Walker Photography Member Posts: 1
edited July 2016 in General Zenfolio Topics
I am having trouble with the viewing size of my images. Before clients purchase I upload low res images at about 900x643 for horizontal and 600x840 for vertical. When previewing the images the small size looks fine but if the client clicks on the image for a closer view it is magnified and highly pixelated and blurry. What size looks best? Does Zenfolio change the size of the image to closely match one of the sizes in the viewing options or does it keep the size I saved it as? I have also uploaded full size images and again the maximized view is still not clear. What am I doing wrong?
Thank You!

Comments

• StephenZenStephenZen Administrator Posts: 609
    I would always encourage you to upload the highest resolution files you have available initially. This will save time if you're planning to sell prints or digital downloads as well as allow the highest resolution display size to be presented. Let me clarify...

The original photo is never actually displayed on your site. The Zenfolio system makes lower resolution copies (display images) of each image uploaded so that your website is optimized for quick photo loading and ensures that your site has web-ready images for any sized browser window. If you upload the highest resolution image you have available, the Zenfolio system will follow the gallery Access Control settings and present the photos based on these settings.

Here is a link with more information on controlling the size of images for viewing:
    http://www.zenfolio.com/z/help/support-center#/customer/portal/articles/407974

The highest resolution we show is up to 1550x960. The largest created size is dependent also on the resolution of the file you upload. If you upload an image lower resolution than 1550x960, it won't be possible to display this highest quality one (the XX-large size).

Hope this helps!
  • Dapper PhotoDapper Photo Member Posts: 4
    My images are appearing extremely blurry on my homepage, is no higher resolution offered?