Finally finished my first website

Shots By SchoellerShots By Schoeller Member Posts: 8
edited July 2016 in Show & Tell
Hello Everyone. I am new here and would really like some feedback on the site I just finished. Thank you ahead o time.

www.shotsbyschoeller.zenfolio.com
Post edited by Shots By Schoeller on

Comments

• Shots By SchoellerShots By Schoeller Member Posts: 8
    Anyone? I would really appreciate it! Thank you.
  • Barry CruverBarry Cruver Lehighton, PAMember Posts: 34
    Hello Jon,

Site looks great, love your work. Depending on your end goal, here are some things I would look at.

1. Make sure site navigation is available on all pages. I'm forced to use the back button on the browser as soon as you leave the landing page.
    2. There is no naming/logo on your homepage.
    3. SEO related, change the URL. Google looks at the URL as part of it's voodoo to rank you. For example you landscape gallery has a url of http://shotsbyschoeller.zenfolio.com/p151756296 The "p151756296" doesn't have any value add.
    4. Also SEO related, you should have captions and descriptions on your photos and galleries where possible. If you do make sure they are displayed. If you can't see them, either can Google.

Zenfolio actually produced a series of videos ranging from site setup to SEO to pricing. Great collection if you haven't seen them: http://training.zenfolio.com/zenfolioacademy

Regards,
    Barry

Thanks you Barry I really appreciate the feedback. I am still working on a logo. I don't have one yet. I will fix the navigation problem and the url naming. Thank you again!
    Also Barry, I can't seem to find where you are seeing the end of my URL being p15176296......how do I see that and or change it. I went to my website setting but it seems to only allow me to change the URL for different parts of my site (i.e. About, Blog, Guestbook, etc)
    This is under the sharing / Client access while in the organizer. It will show on the left hand side towards the bottom. What you enter as the group id is used as the url. You can change it on folder as well as galleries.
    Another suggestion would be to register a domain name if you don't have one already have one. Then update your domain to point to Zenfolio then you could have www.shotsbyschoeller.com (if available). With that you can submit a sitemap to Google which also helps with indexing and your ability to be found. I think that is also in that video series.
    Thanks you Barry. I have fixed most of the changes you mentioned. I still don't see where you are getting all those numbers and letters in the url as I am simply getting stuff like (shotsbyschoeller.zenfolio.com/about) etc.

Seriously thought thank you for your time.
    If you click on your Landscape menu you will see it. This is the default setting, you have to manually change it for each gallery and folder.
    I see it now. It was because I was logged in that I didn't. I don't see how to change this...I don't see organizer either. Sorry I am new.

If you click on your Landscape menu you will see it. This is the default setting, you have to manually change it for each gallery and folder.

I found it. Thank you again for your time.
    Sure thing, best of luck to you.