Different selling options (digials, prints, mounted prints) for event photography.

Hi,

I have searched the forums but haven't found a solution to how I am proposing to set up a price list for some weightlifting competitions I am shooting this year.

What I'd like to be able to do is have people be able to purchase:

- individual digital shots for a set price each.
- all digital shots taken of them (there would be a gallery per athlete) for a set price.
- all digitals taken of them (one athlete gallery) plus an 8 x 12 printed through Nulab
- all digitals taken of them (one athlete gallery) plus an 8 x 12 mounted on 10mm craftwood through Nulab.

Can you let me know how I could set up a price list like this? I'm very new to Zenfolio and hope that it can help me with my sale this year.

I appreciate your help.

Brian Ward

Comments

• ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 511
    You can offer most of those products for sale through that event.

To do that, first you will need to create a Digital Download product that allows for downloading one copy of one image.

Then, you'll need to create another Digital Download product that allows for downloading all of the photos from a single gallery.

When setting up the Digital Download product, set the maximum number of images to '1' for the product that only allows the downloading of one image and set a higher number for the Digital Download product that allows for downloading the entire gallery. Also for the product that allows for downloading the entire gallery, check the box for 'auto-fill from entire gallery' near the maximum number field.

Click here for more details on creating the two Digital Download products.

Then for the third offering, create a package. To the package, add the Digital Download product that allows for downloading the entire gallery. Then also add the 8X12 print from Nulab.

For the fourth offering, unfortunately, I don't see that Nulab offers any prints through Zenfolio that are mounted on 10mm craftwood.

But in general, you can create a package and add the Digital Download product and any other product that is offered by one of the partner labs.

Click here for more details on creating packages.

Then to make all four offerings available for sale to your clients, create a new blank price list and add the two Digital Download products and the two packages to the price list.

Click here for how to create a blank price list.

And click here for how to add products and packages to the price list.

Then lastly assign the price list to the event.

Click here for how to assign a price list to an event or gallery.
  • Thanks for your help! Worked everything out thanks to the information provided, found the mounting option I mentioned too.

Thanks again!