Does anyone shoot film?

Alexanna WonderAlexanna Wonder Member Posts: 4
Hey guys! I shoot 120mm film and am pretty much into the fine arts/alternative photography more than business aspects or weddings or anything like that. Is anyone also shooting film and building cameras, too? Any artists?

www.alexannawonder.com

Comments

• Phil RittiPhil Ritti Member Posts: 2
    edited March 23
    I still love to shoot film. I will shoot gigs on digital but my personal work on 35mm and 120 film. I have not built a camera yet but it is a dream of mine. I like to process film and scan it to upload to my Zenfolio account. I enjoy shooting toy cameras and vintage cameras. Everything from a Holga to a Hasselblad. My favorite camera lately is a 1970s Rollei35 with Provia Xprocessed or Kodak Portra160/400. I mainly shoot expired film because a friend gave me a giant bag of old film. I used to shoot more polaroids but I have not had any luck with the newer Impossible Project film. I really miss the Polaroid Time Zero film for my SX70s.
    Post edited by Phil Ritti on
  • Alexanna WonderAlexanna Wonder Member Posts: 4
    You should build a camera! It's super easy! I built a couple of pinholes from negative containers and used b+w paper to expose it for a couple of days. There is this awesome photographer who leaves his out for months at a time. I think my favorite right now is the Diana F+, but Holga also holds my heart. I haven't heard of those other cameras before. Do you have a site I can check out?
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,457
    I have a 36 exposure roll of film in both my Canon AE and Pentax K1000. I take one picture a year with both. I'm on exposure #12 so in 24 more years I'll have the rolls developed :) I do miss shooting film but digital has made my work as a sports photographer much more productive and profitable.
  • Alexanna WonderAlexanna Wonder Member Posts: 4
    Hahaha! I bet. I shoot film all the time right now because I'm more fine art oriented.
  • Phil RittiPhil Ritti Member Posts: 2
    @Kevin Krows I love that idea so much. I wish I had the patience to shoot 1 a year. It kind of reminds me or Rembrandt's Self Portrait project:

@Alexanna Wonder I skipped the Pinhole class in college to take more Photoshop classes but wish I had taken that class. You can check out some of my work on my Zenfolio site below if you'd like. Its a mix of Digital and Film. I will work on a specific gallery dedicated to film. Whats the link to one of your film photo galleries? Do you scan your own film photos or have the lab do them?

philrittiphotography.zenfolio.com
  • RicardoRicardo Member Posts: 15

@Kevin Krows I love that idea so much. I wish I had the patience to shoot 1 a year. It kind of reminds me or Rembrandt's Self Portrait project:

@Alexanna Wonder I skipped the Pinhole class in college to take more Photoshop classes but wish I had taken that class. You can check out some of my work on my Zenfolio site below if you'd like. Its a mix of Digital and Film. I will work on a specific gallery dedicated to film. Whats the link to one of your film photo galleries? Do you scan your own film photos or have the lab do them?

philrittiphotography.zenfolio.com

Totally, I also want to do this but I don't have the patience haha