Framed Prints through MPixPro

I offer 5 different sizes of framed prints with my photography business. I want my clients to be able to pick the image, the size they want and the frame style they want. I would like to not have any other options. I would also like them to only see ONE price, MY price, not the price of frame/image individually. Is there a way to set this up on Zenfolio?

Thanks!!

Troy

Comments

• Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    Yes. Create a package that includes the specific frame, mount, and image all Per size. Example:

16x24 Framed and Mounted Print
    Description: 16x24 Mounted Print with Black 1" Metal Frame and Non-Glare Glass

You can also create a Category called Framed Prints in the Packages section that will help to better separate other products from Framed Prints. This will allow you to identify as Framed Prints rather than Packages (which looks someone dumb).
  • TroyDPhotographyTroyDPhotography Member Posts: 25
    By the time I'm done, I'll need to have 15 packages setup.
    I need to offer the following:
    11x14 framed print with all 3 different frame styles (Black, White, Brown)
    16x20 framed print with all 3 different frame styles
    16x24 framed print with all 3 different frame styles
    20x24 framed print with all 3 different frame styles
    20x30 framed print with all 3 different frame styles
    How would I set it up so all the same sizes are in one category?

Thanks for the help, truly appreciated!!
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 465
    To sell prints with packages, in all of those options, it will require creating a package for each combination of print and frame style. You'll then need to add all of the packages to your price lists to offer them for sale.

To display them all in the same product category, choose the same category for each package when setting up the packages.

The part where you choose the category in which a package is displayed is marked with a number 1 in this example screenshot:

Click here for more details on setting up a package.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,451
    edited April 7
    @TroyDPhotography Don't shoot the messengers. We're just telling you how to do it. I can set up 15 of these and add them to price sheets in about an hour. Believe me, there are projects I work on every day that take longer than that (like reporting and paying sales tax. The good news is that once you set them up as a package you'll never need to do it again. One and done. Unlike paying sales tax which I have to do once a month, ever month, for the rest of my life (or when I decide to stop running a business).

Now, each configuration will need to be a separate package. Don't let the word "package" throw you off. You will name the package with a name you choose so that it will appear to the client as a custom product. Example:

11x14 framed print with all 3 different frame styles (Black, White, Brown)

The packages you would create would be:

11x14 Custom Framed Print with Black Wooden Frame & Non-Glare Glass
    11x14 Custom Framed Print with White Wooden Frame & Non-Glare Glass
    11x14 Custom Framed Print with Brown Wooden Frame & Non-Glare Glass

Now .... here's a tip.

1. Don't offer too many options as this will only confuse you clients. For photographs, a black and white frame option would be plenty.
    2. Include the cost of shipping as a part of the cost of goods sold and offer "FREE SHIPPING" on all framed prints. Sometimes shipping sticks out like a sore thumb.
    3. Use the product description to give details such as professionally framed with mounting hardware included. "Ready to Hang". Includes dust cover and UV coated non-glare heavy glass.

Bottom line, you have to sell the sizzle if you want the client to buy the steak. Otherwise, all your customer will want is a hamburger.