How do I disable Quick Shop?

13»

Comments

• Barbara JonesBarbara Jones Posts: 38Member
    ChessZen......that is a LUDICROUS response !
  • PixstelPixstel Posts: 40Member
    So to get this clear ChessZen - you're saying the solution to the horrible shopping experience is to stop selling images? Really??
  • gnagelgnagel Orland Park, ILPosts: 105Member
    Pixstel said:

So to get this clear ChessZen - you're saying the solution to the horrible shopping experience is to stop selling images? Really??

The recommendation that I received from the support team in an email was to create duplicate galleries...one with selling disabled and the other with it enabled. That way, I can have it both ways. That response sounded ludicrous to me. If a visitor enters the disabled galleries, they won't see any option to buy anything. If they enter the disabled gallery, they get hit with the unprofessional presentation. Plus, it's more work to maintain.

Glenn

I just received this email from Zenfolio....

"I just wanted to reach out to you one more time to see if you would be interested in the Free Site Redesign for your Zenfolio account.

Please contact me if you have any questions about this free opportunity for you.

Hope to hear from you soon. "

I have of course replied asking if the Redesign includes opting out of the amateurish New Shopping Experience....
  • weatherandskyweatherandsky Posts: 17Member
    edited September 2017
    Thank goodness my eyes feel so much better now that I disabled selling from my main gallery LOL! I hated the quick shop look and I wanted people to have a nice viewing experience with the side bar showing the descriptions. It's a shame to not have selling on that gallery though. I will leave my other galleries with quick shop since I don't get as many visitors on them anyways. Hopefully Zen will figure out how to go back to the old ways or improve on the new changes. Man it's a real shame!!!
  • Has anyone tried to ask the many questions repeated frequently in this thread on the live Zenfolio Customer Support Q&A Session they have on YouTube? See here: https://youtube.com/c/zenfolio/live

I submitted a question for today's session asking when we'll be able to change how the quick shop and new shopping pages look, but I won't be able to watch the stream to see if they actually answer.

Erich
    edited September 2017
    NOT watched that Erich.........but what really bugs me is that the actual Shop page fully adopts the text formatting and has all the attributes of the rest of my website, like header and footer etc.,............BUT the Photo page, the one that is important, where the client gets to view the large version of chosen image after clicking on a thumbnail, DOES NOT. THAT is the only page on the website where all customisation is abandoned !!!! What a huge ERROR !!!
  • Tula TopTula Top Posts: 1Member

I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that has contributed feedback surrounding the new shopping experience. It has, and will continue to be, passed on to our development teams...

...and then summarily dismissed.

From the comments, I can tell for some the changes are less than ideal. Please keep in mind the changes weren't made on a whim and were tested thoroughly over the last year to bring an experience to fruition that is an improvement over the older one...

...except from the perspective of everyone else on this thread.

Unfortunately, the old shopping experience will not be returning, as the new one is the way forward.

This is another way of saying, "Please shut up now."

If you have feedback on improvements or suggestions on how we can make it even better...

Um, did you read any of what anybody else here wrote?? Sheesh!

...that would benefit other customers...

...since we don't care about everyone here who's given negative feedback...

we would love to hear these...

...and only these.

They can be emailed to our Support team who will ensure they're passed on.

laughed at.

Also, if anyone has unanswered questions on the new shopping experience or how to set it up to best serve your customers and you, please reach out to us on our contact page.

...ad nauseam.

By the way, you all should look at how Justin Minns is faring at Squarespace and how I'm doing at Smugmug. The transition is not that hard and very worthwhile. Vote with your feet and your wallets, folks. There's no reading between the lines about Zen's openness to feedback. It's all right there in front of you above.

Tula Top
  • I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that has contributed feedback surrounding the new shopping experience. It has, and will continue to be, passed on to our development teams.

From the comments, I can tell for some the changes are less than ideal. Please keep in mind the changes weren't made on a whim and were tested thoroughly over the last year to bring an experience to fruition that is an improvement over the older one.

Unfortunately, the old shopping experience will not be returning, as the new one is the way forward.

If you have feedback on improvements or suggestions on how we can make it even better that would benefit other customers, we would love to hear these. They can be emailed to our Support team who will ensure they're passed on.

Also, if anyone has unanswered questions on the new shopping experience or how to set it up to best serve your customers and you, please reach out to us on our contact page.

I made my opinion known. I spent time emailing back and forth with your support team as well. They even sent me links to demo sites that did what I wanted, and promised that functionality (via those methods) would not disappear.

You all removed that functionality as well.

I sell *FRAMED* prints. I use MPIX to fulfill. Mpix has TONS of options available that I want to allow the customer to choose. Your default quickshop (and any variant of it) limits their easy ability to select options like paper type, finishing, matting and framing.

THAT.
    IS.
    ABSURD.

What's worse is that I was misinformed. Attached is a screenshot of a *portion* of the conversation, zoomed as far out as it will go. I was re-assured multiple times about something you were *actively* in the process of *removing.

I guarantee you that much of our "bonus" money for a lot of us come in those *options* that we can no longer easily present.

And yes, I submitted feedback, just like a bunch of others.

When will you be addressing this?!?! I was *IN* my 30 day period when I was *assured* that the functionality I needed would remain. And then you yanked that functionality. I've got a site I can't advertise, products I will not finish uploading, for a platform you all intentionally crippled after promising otherwise.
    ZenFolio Conversation.jpg
    1600 x 900 - 242K
  • Oh dear, there was I thinking Zenfolio cared. Fool I am. Really sad that they do not seem to care about aesthetics, practicality or professionalism over dollars.
  • Futureal PhotographyFutureal Photography Posts: 5Member
    edited October 2017
    THIS time, "Shop only" worked. That option did nothing, like for others, when I tried it in the past. I suspect there's a bug that was recently fixed.
    Post edited by Futureal Photography on
  • White Voodoo PhotographyWhite Voodoo Photography Posts: 1Member
    edited October 2017
    Add me to the list of users who absolutely hate the quick shop - whoever thought making that compulsory (and so very ugly!!!) should be fired.

And can I also add that I am frankly gobsmacked by the suggestion here that the fix is to not sell at all. Your way or the highway huh??? Talk about arrogant - that response alone has me checking out alternative providers.

There is a fix, though from the support responses it seems Zenfolio don't want you to know about it.

The support page (http://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/2822893-shopping-setup---choosing-shop-only-or-quick-shop-only-shopping) only shows you how to do it by gallery BUT if you hit 'save as default' after you have removed the quick shop from a single gallery it will be removed from all pages on your website that use default settings.
    Post edited by White Voodoo Photography on
  • There is a fix, though from the support responses it seems Zenfolio don't want you to know about it.

The support page (http://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/2822893-shopping-setup---choosing-shop-only-or-quick-shop-only-shopping) only shows you how to do it by gallery BUT if you hit 'save as default' after you have removed the quick shop from a single gallery it will be removed from all pages on your website that use default settings.

That was the oddest part of the experience. It took months before I was given a method that should have worked (but didn't on the first try).

There's a lot of manual configuration and "set as default" to do, but it can be done.

And of course, changing any theme reverts back to "Quick Shop" again. Ah well. At least undoing "Quick Shop" is possible.

• ChessZenChessZen Posts: 552Administrator
    edited November 2017

Has anyone tried to ask the many questions repeated frequently in this thread on the live Zenfolio Customer Support Q&A Session they have on YouTube? See here: https://youtube.com/c/zenfolio/live

I submitted a question for today's session asking when we'll be able to change how the quick shop and new shopping pages look, but I won't be able to watch the stream to see if they actually answer.

Erich

NOT watched that Erich.........but what really bugs me is that the actual Shop page fully adopts the text formatting and has all the attributes of the rest of my website, like header and footer etc.,............BUT the Photo page, the one that is important, where the client gets to view the large version of chosen image after clicking on a thumbnail, DOES NOT. THAT is the only page on the website where all customisation is abandoned !!!! What a huge ERROR !!!

Our developers are already aware that photographers would like the Quick Shop page to fully adopt the text formatting and all of the attributes of the rest of the site, as well as allowing for more customization options for that page.

But I've forwarded your feedback on to our developers to further strengthen that feedback. Thanks again for your specific feedback.

If there are any other specific ideas for how the shopping experience, please let us know by sending it to us through the contact page.
  • ChessZen said:

Our developers are already aware that photographers would like the Quick Shop page to fully adopt the text formatting and all of the attributes of the rest of the site, as well as allowing for more customization options for that page.

In other words how it used to be before their 'improvements'?

Exactly Justin. Zenfolio have screwed up and just will not back down.
  • Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesPosts: 1,463Member
    Justin -- Zenfolio has a history of making crappy development decisions, forcing them on their clients, saying "it's what the photographers want" (without proof) to justify themselves, and then going back to the old ways once they have been hit in the head enough times.

The truth is this, there have been many outstanding ideas that have been suggested on the feature request site. They have a lot of support from Zen photographers but don't have any traction with the developers. Most of these ideas were suggested over 3-4 years ago and are not rocket science from a development perspective (assuming you have a development team that knows anything about the transactional ecommerce side of development. At minimum, they should allow us to choose what we want out sites to look like so they could have easily allowed us to choose (as they did during the beta period turning off/on the feature). I see NO reason to force these changes on us when we don't want them. My site looks like a cheap pile of crap and I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

Enough said.
  • oh my god... was so busy last months that I never saw 'the new shopping experience'! I WANT MY OLD SITE BACK!
    My sales are from (editorial) downloads not from prints. So at least give me that option!
    Plus the old download workflow for customers was so much easier!
  • How the hell can I let customers download an entire galary with a password? It was the option I used the most on my website I now it is gone????
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Posts: 238Administrator
    Password restricted downloads are still available. If you are seeing otherwise, can you please reach out to our Support Team so they can take a look?

You can send a message here
  • I figured it out my self, here is the new workflow for download complete galery with password:

click on the right side at the top and on Select Photos
    Click on the left side on Select: All
    Click on the right side on Download
    Enter your email
    Wait for the password pop up to appear
    Enter password:
    You should get an email with the download link within 15 minutes

And now compare this to the old workflow:

click on the right side at the top and on Select Photos
    click option download
    check the entire gallery option if you want to bulk download
    enter password

Sorry, but I'm not a happy customers. All functions use to be in the right above corner of my site. Now you have to 'ping pong' between left and right and worst of all, you can't download direct from the site, but have to wait for an email to arive!

And like other people mentioned before, since the introduction of the quickshop my SEO doesn't seem to work as before. Google-image search gives bad results when I search for my images.
  • Here's the latest I got. Works great:

Thanks for contacting Zenfolio support! I’m happy to help.

While we are not looking at removing the quick shop area of the site in general, you can customize the look of your own site and remove it! :)

You can remove the quick shop area by following these steps:

1) Go to the photos section of your dashboard and enter a gallery that has a price list attached to it.
    2) Hover over the orange preview button at the top and click customize
    3) Look in the upper left where it will say either gallery thumbnails or gallery photos. Change this to gallery quick shop.
    4) Click options at the top of the page and make sure you’re on the shopping setup tab.
    5) Click shopping only and apply your changes
    6) Save this as the default by clicking the orange save as default button at the top of the page
    7) Publish your changes when ready

I hope that I could help. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns!
  • SueGSueG Posts: 67Member
    edited January 2018
    Except when you actually try to buy from the shop page and it splits the carefully narrowed down items you offer into multiple categories requiring even more clicks and selections, but none of them are sizes. "Small" , "medium" and "large" but no specific measurements like 8x10 or 11x14 visible??? Who designed this thing?? I tried disabling quick shop and using only the shop pages, but saw even more abandoned carts than before, so recommend that you try to go through the process your clients will have to navigate before concluding that with the quick shop turned off, all will be good. IMO, it is even worse.