Allowing visitors to save smaller images/Menu over image problem.

Steve ReedSteve Reed Member Posts: 3
edited May 25 in Customizing Your Site
Ok i've been stuck on this problem for days so it's time to ask for help.

Long story short, something is breaking the menu over image setting described here:

http://www.zenfolio.com/au/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/408222-allowing-visitors-to-save-smaller-images

When I follow these steps, everything appears to work within the previewer, but then once the changes are published the over image menu simply disappears again and right click functionality stops working. I just want to allow downloading of watermarked images but everything I do kills off the right click functionality as soon as it's enabled! It's driving me insane!

There must be a parent setting somewhere that is overriding it, but i'll be damned if I can find it. Anyone able to make me look like a fool and tell me where I am going wrong??
Post edited by Steve Reed on

Comments

• Steve ReedSteve Reed Member Posts: 3
    edited May 25
    Ok i've narrowed it down slightly. The Menu over image only appears within the previewer because the previewer takes me to a different visualization of the gallery. The Buy items, title banner and some other minor formatting is different to what you see when you go in through the main page. Its essentially the same content only with a /h0#h8b0f28ae appended to the end of the URL. Not possible to navigate to normally from the front page.

Looks like it is the difference between gallery photos and gallery quick shop. I have at least got the watermarked version downloads enabled now, but the menu still goes missing after the changes have been published.
    Post edited by Steve Reed on
  • Steve ReedSteve Reed Member Posts: 3
    edited May 25
    It is indeed the gallery quick shop that breaks the menu over image feature. Disabling pricing or disabling the new shopping experience fixes it. Looks like a bug with the new shopping experience to me.
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 465
    You can allow the downloading of lower resolution images in the Quick Shop.

That is done by going to the the Options panel of the Quick Shop page in Customize Website View and setting Downloads to 'Show'.

See this link for how to go to the Options panel of the Quick Shop - http://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/2645611-customizing-the-quick-shop-page
  • RicardoRicardo Member Posts: 15
    ChessZen said:

You can allow the downloading of lower resolution images in the Quick Shop.

That is done by going to the the Options panel of the Quick Shop page in Customize Website View and setting Downloads to 'Show'.

See this link for how to go to the Options panel of the Quick Shop - http://www.zenfolio.com/us/z/help/support-center#/customer/en/portal/articles/2645611-customizing-the-quick-shop-page

Thanks for this, I also had this problem:)
  • Barry CruverBarry Cruver Lehighton, PAMember Posts: 34
    @ChessZen While this works for desktop users, mobile users have no ability to download lower resolution files that I can see. No menu option is available. Given that an ever increasing percentage of users are on mobile devices, this is surprising to me.
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 465
    If having the option to allow the downloading of lower resolution display images is important to you, I recommend posting a request for it in our uservoice forum.

That way, other Zenfolio users can vote on your idea and help bring your request to our developers' attention.