I've searched but can't find an answer in relation to this Gallery Quick Shop dilemma.

I've searched through the forum and can't find an answer to my question. I understand with the new Gallery Quick Shop that when you have price lists setup it opens right to the quick shop. While I like that and the page is customizable so that the side bar doesn't show up right away, you can not hide the thumbnails from covering the photo. Is there a setting I am missing that would move the thumbnails below the photo so that the entire image can be seen? It's annoying to have to not move the cursor a few seconds each time you want to see the image. I those searching my site to be able to see the image full screen with out waiting a few seconds. They are my photos and I don't even feel like waiting that long so I know people looking at my site won't wait that long either.

Comments

• RicardoRicardo Member Posts: 15
    It should be in the options panel
  • Photo Captures by JefferyPhoto Captures by Jeffery Nashville TNMember Posts: 61
    It is to simple for them to fix the issue. One reason I hate the "New Shopping Experience". No way to not have the thumbnails not showing and covering up part of the image. If I am incorrect please some one from support chime in and show us where to adjust the setting.

I've searched through the forum and can't find an answer to my question. I understand with the new Gallery Quick Shop that when you have price lists setup it opens right to the quick shop. While I like that and the page is customizable so that the side bar doesn't show up right away, you can not hide the thumbnails from covering the photo. Is there a setting I am missing that would move the thumbnails below the photo so that the entire image can be seen? It's annoying to have to not move the cursor a few seconds each time you want to see the image. I those searching my site to be able to see the image full screen with out waiting a few seconds. They are my photos and I don't even feel like waiting that long so I know people looking at my site won't wait that long either.

Jeffery Johnson
    Photo Captures by Jeffery
    In the wildlife of nature to the city we go across the streets into the parks and along where spirits dance on cemetery lands.
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 463
    In case it is needed, click here for how to edit the Options available for the Quick Shop page.

I do want to also note that additional customization options are coming for the Quick Shop page. One of the likely options that will be added will provide control over how the thumbnails are displayed in the Quick Shop page.
  • SueGSueG Member Posts: 49
    edited June 16
    ChessZen said:

In case it is needed, click here for how to edit the Options available for the Quick Shop page.

I do want to also note that additional customization options are coming for the Quick Shop page. One of the likely options that will be added will provide control over how the thumbnails are displayed in the Quick Shop page.

I find it offensive that this will be forced upon all of us next week when the developers haven't yet gotten these basics down. We pay for a working photo site. Not showing our photos in an attractive, easy to buy way is irresponsible and a breach of my agreement for Zen's service. What is the rational for Zen releasing and forcing this unfinished, currently unusable shopping cart when it is not done yet? Who is trying to bankrupt Zen by causing all of us to jump ship? I already dropped my account level this year due to Millers shipping costs and Zens refusal to address that issue, and now may just have to say goodbye entirely, as I see abandoned carts in my Statcounter at this very moment due to the shopping cart mess. I came to Zen from Smugmug and thought for a few years that Zen was far better. They used to try to deliver value for what we paid. But they have really let me down over the last couple of years, and this broken, forced shopping cart change is yet one more sign
    of seeming contempt & utter disrespect for the needs and wants of their paying customers.
  • ChessZen said:

The shopping experience should be finished before you make it compulsory. We signed up to Zenfolio because we could customise the look of the site, now you're taking that away and calling it an improvement.
  • PixstelPixstel Member Posts: 10
    100% agree with above ... after some effort I got my site looking exactly how I want it, only for Zenfolio to trash it. All custom options should be available before launch ... or better yet retain the option to keep the old shopping cart for those who want it. I also think it's the height of arrogance for Zenfolio to think they know best what's best for our clients.

As a goodwill gesture, Zenfolio should at least continue to offer the ability to turn off the new shopping experience until it has been completed, and we can get a chance to see whether we can work with it or not. This is not what I signed up for
  • Bonzer PhotosBonzer Photos Member Posts: 47
    edited June 23
    This is not the look I chose for my site. To introduce it without it being completed is arrogant and detrimental to the experience I want my customers to enjoy. Yet another change that makes Zen LESS attractive for the casual browser. To impose a change before it is properly complete should never happen. Please let us have a choice of how to present rather than yet another half baked so called improvement that is detrimental to us,your customers.
    Post edited by Bonzer Photos on
  • JAE PhotographyJAE Photography Member Posts: 1
    Hi,
    My website is mostly used as a portfolio to show my work. I have the option to buy if someone wants to. Selling stuff is not the reason I have the site though. I've always like the designs and how easy it is to update.

I don't actually look at my site itself too often. I did today and noticed there are a bunch of selling options plastored all over everything now. There is also a giant scrolling bar that covers up images when people go to view them. What is this? My site has looked the same for years. Why is Zenfolio adding things to it that I did not ok?

How do I get rid of this incredibly ugly image scroll bar? It ruins the whole design and I don't see an option to disable it. If I would have known this was going to be forced on me I would not have renewed a few months ago. Is it possible to get a refund if we do not like the changes?
  • Photo Captures by JefferyPhoto Captures by Jeffery Nashville TNMember Posts: 61
    As many have discovered we are all forced into using the lovely new shopping experience. I did discover that you can some what work around one aspect of it.

As you see place h0 (the number not the letter) before the hash symbol.

http://www.photocapturesbyjeffery.com/birds_and_waterfowl/h0#h8e472bd0

One is still stuck using the horrible shopping experience but part of it is still around at least.
    Jeffery Johnson
    Photo Captures by Jeffery
    In the wildlife of nature to the city we go across the streets into the parks and along where spirits dance on cemetery lands.