Exporting video so that they don´t look too compressed

Hi! We are using Zenfolio to deliver our clients photos and also video of their wedding or event. Photos look great but we noticed video is being recompressed and don´t look like the original. Also when I download it the size of the video is less than a half the size of the original video (from 260MB to 96MB). I really can´t deliver the files to my clients at this quality. Heres my output details:
H.264 format
1920x1080
23,976fps
progressive
VBR 1 pass
Target 10,00mbps
Max 12mbps
AAC
320kbps
48kHz Stereo
Any videographer that is using it to deliver videos? Which configuration are you using to export it from Premiere? Thanks!

Comments

• MACH PHOTOGRAPHYMACH PHOTOGRAPHY Member Posts: 11
    Same thing with very similar settings. The file I uploaded was 758MB, when it was made available to my customer it was compressed to 112MB!! They gave a horrible response as to why this was so small in comparison to the original. I don't find their support useful at all; insipid and patronizing.
  • Anyone who is delivering video to their clients and have a solution to get the same video quality as the original file? Thanks!
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 488
    Unlike photos, videos are reformatted for display on the web. This necessitates that the video be optimized for viewing online, resulting in the smaller file sizes.

If you would like to provide a visitor with the original video, one way to do that would be by zipping the video and uploading it to the gallery as a RAW file. You can then display a link to the RAW file in the video's caption. Your visitors can then click on that link to download the original video.

See this link for more details on RAW file storage - https://goo.gl/Ag8OmO
  • ChessZen said:

Unlike photos, videos are reformatted for display on the web. This necessitates that the video be optimized for viewing online, resulting in the smaller file sizes.

If you would like to provide a visitor with the original video, one way to do that would be by zipping the video and uploading it to the gallery as a RAW file. You can then display a link to the RAW file in the video's caption. Your visitors can then click on that link to download the original video.

See this link for more details on RAW file storage - https://goo.gl/Ag8OmO

Thanks ChessZen for the advice! The thing with that is that I have to pay extra for RAW files which I want to avoid.
    You can store up to 2GB of RAW files for free. So as long as you keep the amount of files below this number by cycling the files as needed, you will not have to pay any additional fees.
  • MACH PHOTOGRAPHYMACH PHOTOGRAPHY Member Posts: 11
    What do you mean you are reformatting for the web? The Web does not require you to reformat these videos. You are making an arbitrary decision to do this. You make it sound like a requirement when there is none. By the way, most of my videos are never, ever going to be on the web. So again, Why are you doing this?
    I'd be happy to clarify.

Videos are reformatted to optimize for viewing on the internet. This is done so that the video can be played on more devices with varying internet connections. Not all devices are able to play all available video formats and not all are able to stream a non optimized video.

If you prefer not to display your videos on the web, you can use the RAW storage feature to store the unreformatted videos. You can also allow clients to download those videos directly from your RAW storage.