How to move the filmstrip

When I select to view a photo in a gallery there is a filmstrip that shows other photos in the gallery that covers the bottom of the selected photo. It goes away if I move the mouse out of the frame. Is there a way to set this up so that the filmstrip never covers the photo?

Comments

• Justin Minns PhotographyJustin Minns Photography Member Posts: 88
    As far as Im aware the only way to change this is if you remove the images from sale which will give you back the option to change the layout.
  • ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 502
    Unfortunately, there are no options available that allow the thumbnails at the bottom of the Quick Shop page to be displayed full time.

However, our developers are working on adding additional options to the Quick Shop page that will provide some control over the display of the those thumbnails.
  • Surely it would be trivially easy to give subscribers the option of killing off this new quick shop thing altogether, since the presentation reverts to its former state when you disable selling for the gallery. Are your developers working on making quick shop optional?

Surely it would be trivially easy to give subscribers the option of killing off this new quick shop thing altogether, since the presentation reverts to its former state when you disable selling for the gallery. Are your developers working on making quick shop optional?

That wouldn't take much work because it was optional a few weeks ago but Zenfolio would rather lose their customers than listen to them
  • We don't seem to be able to get an answer to a yes or no question, even if it's to say we don't have an answer at the moment. This does seem to be a rather odd way to treat a paying customer, even if we're just a few nobodies. Do you suppose we should be taking offense at being ignored this way?

We don't seem to be able to get an answer to a yes or no question, even if it's to say we don't have an answer at the moment. This does seem to be a rather odd way to treat a paying customer, even if we're just a few nobodies. Do you suppose we should be taking offense at being ignored this way?

They don't monitor the forum regularly, best way is to email them and to be fair they get back to you quickly even if it is to politely tell you that you're stuck with this new shopping experience but they'll pass your thoughts on to the developers. Maybe if enough people complain they'll listen?
  • PixstelPixstel Member Posts: 40
    Yes - I did that and got a response, and the ensuing discussion got escalated to supervisor level. Unfortunately I can't report anything concrete as to future fixes other than that further customisation may be possible. I was told these forums are regularly monitored, but Zenfolio prefers not to jump into the middle of active discussions amongst users.
    Pixstel said:

Yes - I did that and got a response, and the ensuing discussion got escalated to supervisor level. Unfortunately I can't report anything concrete as to future fixes other than that further customisation may be possible. I was told these forums are regularly monitored, but Zenfolio prefers not to jump into the middle of active discussions amongst users.

I was told they were working on further customisation, but it should have been there from the start. The fact that they would roll all this out without it was the final straw for me, I'm tired of waiting for important updates that never come and getting gimmicky updates foisted upon us instead. My site is just about finished on squarespace so I'll be transferring my domain over the weekend.
  • PixstelPixstel Member Posts: 40
    It will take me a little more time to prepare my material for a move, but if things haven't been fixed when I'm ready, I'll be going elsewhere, probably Photoshelter ... though I will be checking carefully for any 'gotchas'!
  • Ozark Light by Randy WilsonOzark Light by Randy Wilson Member Posts: 11
    edited July 7
    They do seem to be monitoring the forums regularly enough to answer the questions they want to answer. Funny how that works out.
  • Rob SRob S Member Posts: 9

Are your developers working on making quick shop optional?

Come on! please!!