Meta data no longer visible

PixstelPixstel Member Posts: 40
Just discovered another implication of the new quick shop - metadata is no longer visible accept for the description.
For me this is a big issue, and but for luck, yesterday would have cost me a client who needed to order a batch of custom cropped images direct from me. My metadata includes the source file (ie. what it is on my system) - without the metadata, how does the client tell me which image she's referring too. The luck comes in because for some reason I had decided to add my file name to the description.

Yes there are other ways the client might have pinpointed the required images - eg. sending me the URLs, but the would have been inconvenient as I was dealing with her over the phone

Comments

• AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 77
    Hey there!

You can show the EXIF information in Quick Shop, but I'm not sure if this will display what you want. You can show this by navigating to the Quick Shop page of a gallery in Customize Website. Then click OPTIONS at the top.
    In the Quick Shop tab, find EXIF : click "Show"

Can you share a link to a gallery that previously displayed the metadata?

Also, please feel free to contact our support team here so we can look into this a bit more.
  • PixstelPixstel Member Posts: 40
    Well this is a sample gallery with pricing disabled - the way I want it to look
    http://www.pixstel.com/p1069676148/h88850ed6#h88850ed6
  • Hansruedi FischHansruedi Fisch Member Posts: 5
    Any reason why the EXIF option was disabled? Why do I have to choose the Quick Shop option to display EXIF data??