Quick Shop views don't allow Date Taken to be shown!

With the change to forcing Quick Shop on galleries where selling is enabled, the Date Taken cannot be shown for the photos! You have to turn shopping off for the gallery that contains the photo. Putting the Date Taken in the EXIF info would solve the problem, but I would prefer that Zenfolio allow the use of the "Gallery Photos" layout that includes a Buy Button rather than forcing the use of Quick Shop.

Comments

• ChessZenChessZen Administrator Posts: 511
    As an alternative to turning shopping off, you can add the date taken to the image's caption. You can then display the caption in the Quick Shop page.

Thank you for your feedback about preferring to allow the use of Gallery Photos. It has been passed on to our developers.
  • PixstelPixstel Member Posts: 40
    Great solution - I would only have 22,000 images to edit ... luckily for me I had already done that in the metadata when I first uploaded. I'm sure others aren't so lucky.

Come on Zen - when are you going to accept you've got this wrong. I see you've increased the membership discount to 40% for new members ... coincidence?
  • Bruce deGraafBruce deGraaf Member Posts: 4
    Your suggestion is ridiculous. I have 14,789 of images on my website, none have the Date Taken in the image caption. The option of having the "Date Taken", "Visitors" and at least a photo "Info" button to display other photo data should be provided as it always was in the past. For now, I switched off all selling and am considering moving everything to another service.