Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Disable Screenshot

I would really love to find a way to establish the special protection that prevents the customers from using screenshot on my images. I lost a lot of revenues because they choose to screenshot the low resoultion images instead of actually making the purchase.

There has to be some way to install special coding or something to disable it or automatically change the image to grey box. I could not add the attachment with an example that I attempted to screenshot one of the movie clip and it came out grey instead. Yet, I would love to see that to happen soon.

Comments

• I could not attach the images in my original post because the layout was not set correctly and it overlaps--I could not get to the BROWSE tab. Now I could. Here they are.
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 21.35.13.png
    1280 x 800 - 26K
    Screen Shot 2017-10-15 at 21.35.38.png
    1280 x 800 - 944K
  • It's not possible. If you wrote a viewer program that could detect a screenshot happening and greyed the window, someone would just write a different viewer program that didn't grey the window and use that instead. Apple's DVD player grays the window when you try to screenshot a movie, but you can just use VLC instead. Anything displayed on a screen is always subject to capture.
  • ESL PhotographyESL Photography Member Posts: 26
    As far as I'm aware it's impossible. Either you risk posting photographs up (and laying a watermark over them, something which Zenfolio is very flexible with in my opinion) or you just don't post the photographs in the first place.

Some people only put up low resolution images, around 235Kb maximum file size but then you are clobbered by the more honest people who do not screenshot but are disappointed with the image quality they see on the screen. Neither buy but for totally different reasons!

It's an internet-wide problem. After my initial mis-givings I decided to go with 1200px on the longest side and risk that some people screenshot - I prefer to show quality as opposed to pixelated images, which never look good to the trained eye.

If there's anything I could recommend, my latest watermark says very clearly, "Screenshots not Allowed" - for many months now, I've not noticed one image being "stolen".
  • I disagree and agree with your comments. It is not IMPOSSIBLE to disable the screenshot. There are many ways that it can be done. I would not be surprised if some people found another way to do it. As long as the approach could reduce their ability to do so.

I do not like posting low resolution images either. Adding "Screenshots Not Allowed" as a watermark is very good idea. Thank you. At the same time, there would be people who would ignore the message anyway. I prefer to use my logo since people could see my logo and business name out there. Decisions... Decisions...

Thank you for your inputs. =]
  • Dewayne ChristensenDewayne Christensen Member Posts: 17

There are many ways that it can be done.

Name one.
  • Kali ArtistryKali Artistry Member Posts: 4

I disagree and agree with your comments. It is not IMPOSSIBLE to disable the screenshot. There are many ways that it can be done. I would not be surprised if some people found another way to do it. As long as the approach could reduce their ability to do so.

I do not like posting low resolution images either. Adding "Screenshots Not Allowed" as a watermark is very good idea. Thank you. At the same time, there would be people who would ignore the message anyway. I prefer to use my logo since people could see my logo and business name out there. Decisions... Decisions...

Thank you for your inputs. =]

my bank app disables screenshots... i'm sure there is a way
    Kali Artistry Miami Photographer and Blogger