Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

paying 10%+ commission, normal for online sales ?

We are currently selling self-fulfilled products only (just started), and we are paying 10% commission total (7% for zenfolio and 3-4% paypal) ...plus of course the monthly hosting fee to zenfolio (highest tier, no less).. is this normal for other hosted gallery/selling platforms ?

Comments

• No it's high, I pay about 3% with Squarespace and I can take card payments with stripe who charge 1.4%

I only use zenfolio for storage now because in terms of SEO, charges and site design they're way behind most other platforms imo.
  • Foques PhotoFoques Photo Member Posts: 47

No it's high, I pay about 3% with Squarespace and I can take card payments with stripe who charge 1.4%

I only use zenfolio for storage now because in terms of SEO, charges and site design they're way behind most other platforms imo.

would you mind sharing how you integrate everything?

• would you mind sharing how you integrate everything?

Not much to it, my website is on Squarespace, all sales go through the website, payment by PayPal or stripe which is integrated with squarespace.

I only use Zenfolio for back up and private client galleries which I link to from the Squarespace site.
  • I don't use anything on ZF for selling - the prices are way too high and the commissions are punishing. I was going to do a Black Friday (Zenfolio Pre-Order) Special but not way I'm paying those percentages when I can just create an item with my credit card processing company and provide a graphic on my site with a checkout link.

Labs - I have better quality labs that cost a lot less too - but the model is moving to digital with few exceptions for certain types of things.