Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Broken in Chrome

It doesn't matter if I clear my cache, try a different computer, use incognito mode. My galleries take about 10 minutes to display ANY images in Chrome.

My clients think I have deleted their images, because nobody waits 10 mins for a page to load! This is bad for business.

Everything works perfectly in Safari and IE.

Comments

• AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Hi Erin!

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you please send a gallery link over to our Support Team to test and attempt to reproduce?

You may also want to consider any browser extensions that you may have. Click here to access your browser extensions.

Try temporarily disabling each add-on or extension that you may have and test how your galleries display with these disabled. Then, try enabling each extension one-by-one to narrow down whether or not a certain extension may be causing issues.

You can reach out to our Support Team here.

Take Care!
  • SueGSueG Member Posts: 73
    edited January 2018
    I know you are trying to help, @AllisonZen , but ensuring that a web site loads quickly and works across all commonly used browsers and devices is the foundation of running a hosting company. Chrome is one of the most popular browsers used by clients and potential clients, and it is NOT the responsibility of the person paying Zenfolio to fix this issue by running tech support classes for visitors to our sites. It is on Zen to make it work, for we who pay you, and for all our portrait, wedding, school, fine art, etc customers whether they are using internet explorer or chrome or safari, phone or desktop, apple or android. If Zen's tech people are not up to the task, they need deal with that. But for many of us, who are actively setting up sites on more stable hosts with simpler, user friendly shopping systems, it is too late already.
  • I agree with Sue. This is bullshit. Zenfolio needs to accept responsibility and fix this.
  • Sorry for any confusion, Anne.

All Zenfolio photographer sites should load with minimal delays on all major browsers, including Google Chrome. In fact, most of us in the office use Google Chrome when viewing photographers' websites for troubleshooting purposes and we view many sites each day.

If there was an issue on our end that would cause 10 minute loading delays with Chrome we would definitely see it when we look at photographers' sites.

The only times there will be loading delays in a particular browser is when there is an issue with the specific browser installation that is preventing the site from loading at its usual pace.

Also, images can be prevented from being displayed altogether if the browser's default settings have been changed and the site is prevented from creating and storing cookies that are required for the proper displaying of images.

And that is why we suggested the troubleshooting steps so that the photographer is able to make the necessary changes in their browser and resolve issues that are specific to their browser installation.

If you're experiencing slow loading of your site, please contact Zenfolio support. This way we can take a look at your site to see if there are any issues on our end that we can resolve and if not, we can provide specific troubleshooting steps so the issue can be resolved on your end.
  • cphotocphoto San FranciscoMember Posts: 119
    Not acceptable and completely ridiculous. Some of my corporate clients, like most corporations, DO MODIFY THE DEFAULT BROWSER SETTINGS to comply with their IT rules, such has disabling cookies.

Right now one my corporate customer, one of the biggest US Bank, can't access their images because they have cookies turned off and no way to turn them on.

Don't you think you should take into account the millions of users who have their web browser setup differently than yours???
  • i too am having this problem as of the last month. . .what happened? i have never had this issue until now. i cannot preview my live work let alone my site but everything is fine looking in the control panel mode. i cannot see what customers are pointing out & they are getting frustrated with me when i try to explain that i cannot see what they see. no issues in safari but i a ma chrome user. this needs to be fixed stat or i need to be informed of a work around. all extensions are off & my site as well as zenfolio are on the allow cookies list. please advise.