Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

Pop up box for landing page.

With the issues surrounding social media. It sis becoming more important to collect email addresses. How can we add a pop up box to the landing page to collect this information before the user enters our site.

Comments

• AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    To display that pop up in a Zenfolio site, it will require using a third party service like MailChimp to create an embeddable code for the pop up form and embed that code into the custom content area of the footer. Then make sure that the footer is displayed in the homepage.

See this link for how to embed code into the custom content area of the footer

See this link for more details on creating the pop up form in MailChimp.

Please note that adding embeddable code with a pop up has caused issues with the functionality of the Zenfolio website site in the past. If you or your clients experience any issues with the site after adding the pop up, then you'll need to remove the code to allow your site to restore full functionality of your site.

Hope this helps :smile:
  • What type of functionality issues have been noticed? Is Zenfolio working on making their own pop up window available?
  • Pink Heart PhotogPink Heart Photog Member Posts: 1
    I did exactly what was instructed after watching the youtube video.. and it doesn't work..?
  • I have tried multiple times to get the Mailchimp Subscribe pop up to work but it doesn't. We really need this functionality.
  • AlexZenAlexZen Administrator Posts: 60
    Hi John!

Mailchimp offers both pop-up and embedded sign-up forms. If you are using the embedded from, then you can use the embed button on the custom footer content and paste that code there. However if you are using the pop-up style form, this code will need to be pasted into the source code of the footer's custom content, using the Source button.

Once you apply this change, and Publish, you will need to view your page in an incognito/private browser window in order to actually see the pop-up, as a cookie is stored so that the pop-up only appears once per visitor.

I just now added a Mailchimp pop-up to my test page when looking into this for you, and it is functioning.

***Making changes to the source code, or embedding code, into the footer can cause unexpected functionality issues***
  • Alex, wow, I feel so stupid...IT WORKS! I am very happy. Thanks for that info about the cookie. I didn't read about that anywhere. That explains why it worked once for me and that was it. Again, thank you very much.

Off to make it even better :-)