Are you ready for greater security with HTTPS? Review our best practices guide here here.

zip files and mobile devices

Client trying to download 30 headshots on her cell phone from my site. Up pops the zip file notification which still asks for an email. She doesn't use email via her mobile and can't download the files. I tried opening downloading the same photos on my iPhone...gave my email.... but I can't open the zip file until I install a third party app that "might" allow me to download. I don't use these apps as they ask for too much info that they shouldn't have.

So, I end up emailing the link to her email which requires that she find a desk stop computer.... somewhere.... How does this help a photography business?

Comments

• AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 219
    Hi Myra,

Unfortunately, most mobile devices have no native support to open Zip files. Zip files are required in order to bundle two or more images together.

You could use the Photo Moments app, which allows clients to easily download images to their mobile devices. This is the preferred method of allowing download access on mobile devices to those clients who receive complimentary digital images.

You can view this link for more information on the Photo Moments app.
  • There are just too many add ons needed to make this palatable. The process should be as streamlined as possible. BTW, the link goes to a marketing campaign site.
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 219
    Oh dear, so sorry!

This link is the correct link!