Need Immediate Answers? Check out our SUPPORT CENTER or CONTACT OUR SUPPORT TEAM

The new Photo Page is here

has anyone using the new photo page been able to locate where to edit the "friendly URL" or "gallery ID - Client Access Code"?

Comments

• www.frisco-texas.comwww.frisco-texas.com Member Posts: 61
    Look under "Actions" and then "Share".
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Frisco-Texas is correct!

Also, this applies to galleries only. Currently, there is no option to create a Friendly URL for Groups or Events, but this is being worked on!

If you do need to create a Friendly URL for a Group or Event, we recommend switching to the Old Photo Page until we add this functionality to the New Photo Page.
  • Cecil Paul StudiosCecil Paul Studios Member Posts: 2
    Could have saved myself an hour of trying to find something that's not even there yet!!! Why get us to swap over if all the options are not there yet. Annoyed
    That's the Zenfolio way of doing things, at least in the last few years. Public "beta" testing and then force it on us even when it's not complete.

Is there a drop-dead date on this one?

I don't remember seeing any communication on this new page. It's not posted on the blog. Can't find it anywhere on the Zenfolio site. It's not in the email notifications on the toolbar. Nothing.
  • Motorsport in the UKMotorsport in the UK Member Posts: 39
    What is it meant to do ? I can't find anything about it's features ?
    Care to inform us Zen ????
  • realvisualsrealvisuals Member Posts: 12
    Thankyou Frisco-Texas.

I also need to apply a Friendly URL to groups. Zenfolio, when will this functionality be added to the New Photo Page?
  • Since adding the new photo page, the old access control editing screen no longer works for me. Has anyone else had the same problem?I have tried it with Firefox, Internet Explorer and Safari browsers and none of them display correctly.
    Access Control.jpg
    1152 x 886 - 163K
  • Same old story, wasted resources fixing stuff that isn't broken and ignoring the things that everyone is crying out for
    edited May 2018
    @ Art Olsen Photography

I too can confirm that the Access Control view is messed up. It looks like they are aware of it.

http://forums.zenfolio.com/discussion/17148/gallery-edit-screens-look-funky
  • Motorsport in the UKMotorsport in the UK Member Posts: 39

Same old story, wasted resources fixing stuff that isn't broken and ignoring the things that everyone is crying out for

Agreed.
    Typical of Zenfolio in recent times.
  • Jon ViscottJon Viscott Member Posts: 4
    This is super annoying. I send my clients links to a friendly URL for the Group of the recent events I shot for them. From there they can choose between a Hi Res and a Low Res gallery of their event photos to download.

I reverted back to the old Photo Page.
  • Michigan NutMichigan Nut Member Posts: 31
    You can no longer assign separate price lists to individual photos within a gallery in the new photos page.
  • This is super annoying. I send my clients links to a friendly URL for the Group of the recent events I shot for them. From there they can choose between a Hi Res and a Low Res gallery of their event photos to download.

I reverted back to the old Photo Page.

Can you tell me more about your process of sharing gallery's with your clients. I am very interested in your process.
  • SikoSiko Raleigh, NCMember Posts: 54
    edited June 2018
    Ever since the “New Photo Pages” were released I have been having problems with scaling of the the pages on my website under Admin view.

Last night I discovered that I can not access my User “Account” page or the “All photos” page any more on my website by clicking those options on the top right hand corner of my website while under “visitor view”

Using the Safari browser my desktop Mac or iPhone 7+ , the page error I received using
    is
    “Safari cannot open the page because too many redirects occurred”
    Now the only way I can access the admin panel of my website is to deactivate the “New Photo Pages”.

What’s going on?
  • AllisonZenAllisonZen Administrator Posts: 238
    Hi All,

Thank you for your feedback regarding the New Photos Page. Our developers are working on adding certain elements (Friendly URLs for Groups, Assigning Price Lists to individual images, etc).

If you haven't already, please reach out to our Support Team if you have trouble locating certain elements - they are always happy to help and pass along feedback or concerns!

Also, if you are experiencing an issue with navigating back to your Photos Page from Customize Website View, our developers are aware of this and they are working to resolve it! In the meantime, you can use this link to navigate back to your Photos Page.
  • SikoSiko Raleigh, NCMember Posts: 54
    Thanks Allison! Also thank you to the devs working to resolve this problem.
  • langlaislanglais Member Posts: 54
    edited January 22
    Hi there,

Such a shame the new photo page hasn't got this terrific "Next photo" button that prevents the right panel from closing after you edit the details of a photo !

I now have to click on the next thumbnail, and then click on "details" button again between each edit... how convenient is that ?