Are you ready for greater security with HTTPS? Review our best practices guide here here.

Please Explain Why Is It That .....

Kevin KrowsKevin Krows United StatesMember Posts: 1,462
The development team continues to focus their efforts on things we don't need, don't understand how the UI they created and force us to use looks horrible, and ignores the features we have been requesting for YEARS in the user suggestions forum?

I just don't get it.

Comments

• Richard HistonRichard Histon Member Posts: 3
    I have been with Zenfolio for many years, in the last two years they have tried to seriously hike my annual subscription, only after escalating the issue have I fought that off. They have continually ignored all the problems I have reported to them in a reasonable manner. One of the first was "Why can't visitors search MY website, they can only search Zenfolio globally.." and so on. As you say they focus on "finger in the air" projects that most of us don't want.
    So I am finally off, already moved elsewhere (hail Piwigo!!).
  • Foques PhotoFoques Photo Member Posts: 41
    this seems to be a thing for all the "cloud" companies. :(
  • Justin Minns PhotographyJustin Minns Photography Member Posts: 101
    It's a mystery to me as well Kevin, they seem to have totally lost touch. I moved my site to another service and it was the best move I ever made but I still use Zen for back up and client galleries and keep an eye on things in case things improve but unbelievably it's getting worse rather than better!
  • SueGSueG Member Posts: 66
    Kevin, you might want to check out n-vu
    http://power.n-vu.com/galleries/

They were the old collages.net and were bought out and recently revamped by h&h lab, they focus on pros and seem to be really trying to create a service for those who are doing this for a living. Am still working on the learning curve but am pretty impressed so far. Like many others whose patience ran out with Zen after the shopping cart changes of 2017 that made clients abandon carts en masse, I downgraded my account to the cheapest to use use it as only as an online backup.